IGNORED

Raffer at Everton

Unan

Just now, Steve Watts said:

There's a difference between a highly experienced and successful Champions League winning manager.....and Ian Holloway.

We didn't have a problem with John Ward.

John Ward didn't hate us.

Personally I think Everton's strategy should be to try and be more consistent than the other teams around them rather than to go after bigger stars. I'm being very simplistic here but I think for them the Moyes approach works better than Ancelotti. Don't think the majority of their fans agree with me however, also I see Goodison as a place where fans get on the players backs quite easily in the past few seasons (think Ashton Gate but worse ?). I think Rafa's style suits them in one way but the fans are going to kick up a fuss and it will end up being another 1-2 season appointment, for Rafa personally I think he still lives in the area so it's ideal for him to pick up a few mill at least and stay with his family.

Pretty shitty thing to do, even if they have got the wrong house!

I can't be alone in thinking that Everton should actually be pleased they can still attract top class managers?Carlo was never going to be long term, didn't hit the ground running, but having a champs league winning manager is a pretty big catch. I know he's managed Newcastle, but he has a pretty decent CV IMO. They could do a lot worse. 

If you want a decent manager you have to make concessions. He’s not the first manager to move between ‘rivals’ and he won’t be the last. I thought Everton and Liverpool were one of the more friendly rivals , with in some cases red and blue in the same household.

1 hour ago, Akira said:

Pretty shitty thing to do, even if they have got the wrong house!

I can't be alone in thinking that Everton should actually be pleased they can still attract top class managers?Carlo was never going to be long term, didn't hit the ground running, but having a champs league winning manager is a pretty big catch. I know he's managed Newcastle, but he has a pretty decent CV IMO. They could do a lot worse. 

Brilliant.

5 hours ago, 77 punk said:

very brave decision by the owners ,he said everton were a "small club" ! i can not see it being a success

He sure did - if I was his PR adviser (and I have applied for the job) I’d get him to nip that in the bud easily - at his first press conference he needs to say “well, compared to Liverpool at the time, Everton was a smaller club, but I am fully committed to turning them into a big club and we will bridge the gap that has existed between us and our neighbours from across the park...” - job done, tricky issue addressed, honesty to the fore, now viewed as an upfront geezer ... “nice one, crack on with the job Raff” will be the consensus from the Goodison hordes - and don’t forget, the “jibes” worked both ways - the Everton fans ‘hilariously’ entitled him “Rafa Beneath Us” when the Blues were very temporarily above ‘Pool in the premier league table ...

Archived