IGNORED

Skybet dont fancy us

Mark barton

They will go a lot on last season’s last three months form where we were the worst team in the division so bearing in my mind that we’ve lost our striker and hardly made any moves in the transfer market i’m surprised that we are not shorter

Cant blame their thoughts. Since january last season we did not put a foot right. Every team we played against was better than us. Thank lord we got so many points before Christmas. It Will be very Interesting How our team will play next season. Think Rennie from Leicester is important for our club.

Just now, Garland-sweden said:

Cant blame their thoughts. Since january last season we did not put a foot right. Every team we played against was better than us. Thank lord we got so many points IN AUGUST!. It Will be very Interesting How our team will play next season. Think Rennie from Leicester is important for our club.

Adjusted that for you.

2 hours ago, harrys said:

They will go a lot on last season’s last three months form where we were the worst team in the division so bearing in my mind that we’ve lost our striker and hardly made any moves in the transfer market i’m surprised that we are not shorter

If they based it on the last 3 months of last season we should be odds on favourites for the drop - by a country mile! 

6 hours ago, Mark barton said:

Skybet have us 9/2 for relegation and Millwall at 11/2.

We are 5th favourites for the drop. Bookies rarely get it wrong.

Bookies almost always get the Championship wrong. There will be teams fancied to challenge who struggle and teams expected to struggle who will surprise people.

Based on our form at the end of last season, a mass exodus of players and one new signing to date, it makes absolute sense for anyone outside the club to expect us to struggle.

Obviously the picture will be a bit more complex than that. Young players will get a bit better, more signings will come and we have key players who were unavailable through injury last season who are hopefully back and fit. Plus Pearson will have had a pre-season to work with the squad and implement his ideas.

Whether that will be enough for us to surprise people next season remains an unknown. It looks unlikely at the moment but that’s going to be the state of play with any team that surprises people.

We’ll just have to see what happens.

7 hours ago, Mark barton said:

Where does the notion that bookies rarely get it wrong come from? I bet they "get it wrong" or the favourite doesn't win for more often than you think

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

Where does the notion that bookies rarely get it wrong come from? I bet they "get it wrong" or the favourite doesn't win for more often than you think

Agree…..”bookies get it less wrong than punters, and adjust their prices to cover their risk, and therefore make money”…..would be a better statement, albeit a bit long-winded. ?

They have us at only 9/1 for promotion and 33/1 to be champions too. Basically this places us at 15th in their assessment. We are 6th most likely to be relegated, but with several others, so in fact 6-9th. overall, there are 8 or 9 clubs less favoured in their odds.

1 minute ago, Leveller said:

They have us at only 9/1 for promotion and 33/1 to be champions too. Basically this places us at 15th in their assessment. We are 6th most likely to be relegated, but with several others, so in fact 6-9th. overall, there are 8 or 9 clubs less favoured in their odds.

I will get me brother in law in the UK to put 50 quid on us reaching the play offs. Next season will be hard to predict where almost most clubs in this league are possibly to finish.

At least we have a good starting point for next season with a proven manager with potential great support on success for the club.

8 hours ago, Mark barton said:

Hmm. At the beginning of last season, NTTDS posted a Betfred set of odds with us at 10th.

8 hours ago, Mark barton said:

Ok, as long as we’re not 3rd favourites for the drop we’ll be fine then.

When Skybet first released their odds a few weeks ago we were 4/1.

Very cagey odds this early in the season. City 9/2 to go down & 9/1 to go up. The whole league isn't massively different from top to bottom.

Promotion is shortest 7/4 and longest odds 18/1. Things will change as transfers get done, but I don't see us being a surprise 5,000/1 promotion winner any time soon.

5 hours ago, harrys said:

Last 3 months? Not much better than the worst side in the division for 93% of the season

image.png.221dc705cd921495536af1ad5047f7e2.png

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Agree…..”bookies get it less wrong than punters, and adjust their prices to cover their risk, and therefore make money”…..would be a better statement, albeit a bit long-winded. ?

Exactly. Ask any bookie what cost them more: a handful of punters having Leicester to win the PL at 2000/1, or every man and his dog piling into odds-on prices when Frankie Dettori rode a seven-timer at Royal Ascot?

The bookies are always the ones laughing and this price doesn't reflect their personal opinion of us, just that plenty of punters have piled into us to go down at bigger prices than 9/2.

5 hours ago, MarcusX said:

Of course they get it wrong at times, that’s what encourages punters to keep gambling, there is a reason why the owner of bet 365 was the highest paid women in the country last year paying herself a salary of 420 million

Nobody should be surprised tbh. On the outside looking into the club we look an absolute state. If we continue anything close to the form we had in the 2nd half of last season we're screwed, not surprised people are betting on that. 

So far the new signings aren't anything to sing and dance about, still time of course. I think with a couple more our bet odds will change, imo we will end up mid table after 2 or 3 possible new first team signings. 

Archived