IGNORED

Watching at home or pub Saturday ?

bcfc01

• Admin

Meeting 12pm on Weston sea front for a few early pints, then a little pub crawl before taking my seat in the social club ready for the big game

It is going to be a long day with nerves and build up to the fixture, I have to keep away from all the TV build up, the PMT will be off the scale

I may be in a very tiny minority but I will be out enjoying some fresh air well away from any football matches. Maybe it’s an old-age thing but I’ve lost all interest in International football over recent years and prefer to wait until August for my football-fix and enjoy a football free summer until then.

Pub for me.

I had previously jinxed England at every match of theirs I watched from the boozer - football, rugby, cricket whatever, we always lost - but as a tabloid paper would say, I seem to have "shaken off the hoodoo" in this tournament.

Mine's a pint of bitter. Cheers.

Home. 

Until pubs are back to normal, the whole going-to-the-pub thing just isn't the same.

Also, if I go to the pub and we win, I'll likely celebrate with more booze than I probably sensible, which will slow me down on Sunday for the ODI (which will likely be rained off).

I'm at a running event Saturday so I shall be watching whilst on the move, phone signal dependant!

I've not been able to get into the "atmosphere" as much so far due to training and I shouldn't be drinking, but I've got tickets for the semi final if we win. I might be a write-off for the next 7-10 days if we get through ?

Will be getting a four pack of Fosters pint cans nice and cold, and popping to the chippy to get two large battered sausages and large chips. No salt or vinegar. Then will be watching on the TV at home so I can soak up the atmosphere and hopefully enjoy a win for the Three Lions.  If the weather is good I’ll get the deckchair out and watch the game through the patio doors (open) and have the radio commentary on in the old headphones.

16 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Will be getting a four pack of Fosters pint cans nice and cold, and popping to the chippy to get two large battered sausages and large chips. No salt or vinegar. Then will be watching on the TV at home so I can soak up the atmosphere and hopefully enjoy a win for the Three Lions.  If the weather is good I’ll get the deckchair out and watch the game through the patio doors (open) and have the radio commentary on in the old headphones.

Sounds good. Apart from the Fosters ? 

Archived