IGNORED

Watching at home or pub Saturday ?

bcfc01

Would have gone to Rome but that’s not going to happen this time and fair play to the travel club as soon as the game finished on Tuesday we had a email saying they would not be selling tickets for the Rome game so will watch at home . On the bright side iv saved a few quid 

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Being an ex inhabitant of Hanham, is the Chilli Inn any good?

I love it in there. It’s a bring your own and the food is pretty good. I’ve had some fantastic evenings there with my friends. Only phoned up on the off chance for a table, you usually have to book a week in advance. 

9 hours ago, redsince1994 said:

I've ended up being booked to DJ at a bar that is showing the game, so finishing my set at 7.30 for the worlds speediest pack away then hopefully a few free beers to watch the game.

Definitely going to work out some sort of football song mashup for the end of my set!

Have you heard the Three Lions sake bar mix?Might be worth putting in there.

At home with friends. Can’t wait.

Same friends who 20 years ago, I spent the summer singing this in every bar? “it’s Neville to Campbell, Campbell to Rio, Rio to Scholesy, Scholesy, Gerard”

Same friends who 30 years ago sang this in school every day ?

1 hour ago, Agard Days Night said:

Lea & Perrins on the chips. Salad cream for the battered sausages.

Once you try it you’ll never let go back to S&V.

I am quite partial to a bit of Worcester Source.Never tried it on chips though.Will have to give it a go.I don't mind salad cream as well,but on sausages?Not for me thanks.

21 minutes ago, Slacker said:

I am quite partial to a bit of Worcester Source.Never tried it on chips though.Will have to give it a go.I don't mind salad cream as well,but on sausages?Not for me thanks.

I've been making my own currywurst, a couple of sausages from the butcher rolled in curry powder and the wrapped in streaky.

It's like pigs in blankets for the modern.

Jealous of all this chat in here, ill be watching at work from the kitchen. Hardest part is watching online lags behind so you already know whats happening before it occurs.

Fingers crossed if we get through Saturday its not something I'll have to worry about again.

But if you are watching at a pub. Be mindful of the staff and house rules, and leave a tip if you can. Lord knows we need it!

Just now, Agard Days Night said:

Your tastebuds will thank you for it.

I must learn to overcome my fears.Salad cream on sausages just feels a bit like an  I'm A Celebrity, Bushtucker/testicle moment!

7 hours ago, Kempson said:

Jealous of all this chat in here, ill be watching at work from the kitchen. Hardest part is watching online lags behind so you already know whats happening before it occurs.

Fingers crossed if we get through Saturday its not something I'll have to worry about again.

But if you are watching at a pub. Be mindful of the staff and house rules, and leave a tip if you can. Lord knows we need it!

Noise cancelling headphones are a must! My street erupted about 5 seconds before Sterling's goal went in on my screen.

Got the headphones on after that and didn't have Kane's spoiled for me ?

At home. Since lockdown I've been on the non-alcoholic beers and I'll be honest it's been blooming brilliant not having a stinking hangover the following day. So will buy a pack of Bavaria 0% or a few bottles of Erdinger 0% and kick back on the sofa and (try to) enjoy the game.

2 minutes ago, Bainsey said:

At home. Since lockdown I've been on the non-alcoholic beers and I'll be honest it's been blooming brilliant not having a stinking hangover the following day. So will buy a pack of Bavaria 0% or a few bottles of Erdinger 0% and kick back on the sofa and (try to) enjoy the game.

You do raise an interesting point here... non alcoholic beer.

I had a Heineken a while back and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I'd love some recommendations for booze-free-booze.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I had a Heineken a while back and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, but I'd love some recommendations for booze-free-booze.

Avoid the Budweiser one. Tastes like sparkling water. 

The Peroni, Heineken and Punk AF ones are good.

Just a shame Fosters and Carling haven’t started theirs yet as they would be a gamechanger IMHO.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Over the last few months I've tried pretty much every one from my local Tesco's and my recommended 0%s would be Erdinger, Shipyard Low Tide, Bavaria, Heineken and Adnams Ghost Ship.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Mrs Slacker likes the Stella  version, pretty cheap in Lidl too,and M&S do a Chezck version which she likes as well.I can only take her word for it.....

Archived