IGNORED

Watching at home or pub Saturday ?

bcfc01

3 hours ago, forbespm said:

Ever tried Sheppys alcohol free cider?bloody lovely.lots of alcohol free choices now.

3 hours ago, forbespm said:

Sheppys cider.stowford press.lucky saint lager.Guinness zero is out in the autumn,ghost ship ale is excellent.loads of choices now,still a lot of pubs just stock Becks blue which i,m not keen on.Ashton gate serves Heineken zero after many of my emails asking for an af beer.fair play to them

Sheppys eh??? Didn't know that existed. Do any supermarkets stock that? Unfortunately Thatchers zero is really below par. Bland and too sweet. I'll be interested in trying the Guinness Zero too, thanks @forbespm.

I actually really rate Heineken zero compared to most of the other zero beers I've tried.

I really recommend Birra Moretti zero. It's class and I literally can't tell the difference. Also stocked in Sainsbury's on Winterstoke Road, by the way.

16 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Sheppys eh??? Didn't know that existed. Do any supermarkets stock that? Unfortunately Thatchers zero is really below par. Bland and too sweet. I'll be interested in trying the Guinness Zero too, thanks @forbespm.

I actually really rate Heineken zero compared to most of the other zero beers I've tried.

I really recommend Birra Moretti zero. It's class and I literally can't tell the difference. Also stocked in Sainsbury's on Winterstoke Road, by the way.

Sheppys is on sale in the big Tesco,s.Agree with you about Thatcher zero.tastes like pears to me.smashed cider is another good one.great choices these days for people who ,for whatever reason,don't drink alcohol

45 minutes ago, PhilC said:

Ghost ship is nice, will give the morrettis a go 

At home obviously - in an environment where there is no pathetic, unwarranted restrictions ... at home i’ve got a well-stocked beer fridge, no one expects you to wear a mask when you only want to go for a wazz, you can ask for a drink without having to download an app - and basically you can relax and just have fun and enjoy it - remember those days?! ??

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

At home obviously - in an environment where there is no pathetic, unwarranted restrictions ... at home i’ve got a well-stocked beer fridge, no one expects you to wear a mask when you only want to go for a wazz, you can ask for a drink without having to download an app - and basically you can relax and just have fun and enjoy it - remember those days?! ??

You ask for a drink (at home) and someone actually brings it to you?

Wow, how lazy.

Change of venue after my bowls match later. I was notified yesterday that my local social club is opening for the football tonight having closed thru political issues and of course the impact of covid restrictions.

Good news is that it only takes me 8 mins to walk there…………:cool2:

33 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Change of venue after my bowls match later. I was notified yesterday that my local social club is opening for the football tonight having closed thru political issues and of course the impact of covid restrictions.

You will probably find that the sound from the speakers will be muffled and most people will walk out 10 minutes from the end, blocking your view.

42 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Please explain, was there a right wing coup  or an uprising of the proletariat. ?

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Please explain, was there a right wing coup  or an uprising of the proletariat. ?

It was to do with a vote of no confidence in the then chairman - a coup in other words. Add to that a huge drop in income due to covid restrictions and the club became unviable. No choice but to close down at the time.

Archived