IGNORED

Any graphic designers?

ollywhyte

After a bit of help if any City fans have the skill and time...

I live in Plymouth and have just set up my first Sunday league team. We have sponsorship from a local pub down here, Stoke Bar & Grill. Hence our names is going to be Stoke Bar & Grill FC!

Basically we need a badge but the efforts in our group chat are woeful to say the least haha. I didn’t know if we had any budding graphic designers with time to spare - I know some people enjoy that sort of thing. I’m completely out of my depth with anything like that I must admit.

The colour scheme would be red, black and white. I suppose the badge could pay reference to it being a pub with a pint, barrel or something. But generally it doesn’t need to be anything special, something useable after seeing the efforts from our group would suffice ?

Bit of a random one and expecting this post to sink to the bottom of the page pretty quick. But worth a go, cheers all!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

After a bit of help if any City fans have the skill and time...

I live in Plymouth and have just set up my first Sunday league team. We have sponsorship from a local pub down here, Stoke Bar & Grill. Hence our names is going to be Stoke Bar & Grill FC!

Basically we need a badge but the efforts in our group chat are woeful to say the least haha. I didn’t know if we had any budding graphic designers with time to spare - I know some people enjoy that sort of thing. I’m completely out of my depth with anything like that I must admit.

The colour scheme would be red, black and white. I suppose the badge could pay reference to it being a pub with a pint, barrel or something. But generally it doesn’t need to be anything special, something useable after seeing the efforts from our group would suffice ?

Bit of a random one and expecting this post to sink to the bottom of the page pretty quick. But worth a go, cheers all!

Just ask Jon Lansdown….he’s got some lovely tins of paint going spare.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Could try Fiverr as above. You can usually get the product in a couple of hours but if your budget is low results can be hit and miss.

I’d argue that’s the best bet, chip in £1/£2 each

16 hours ago, Gazred said:

I might be wrong but i think the poster @Spike has posted some home made kit designs and badges before. Might be able to help.

Good luck for the season!

I have designed badges for a Welsh league and multiple teams, I'm currently doing the graphics work for the business I work for but I'm always willing to help when I have time so if @ollywhytewants to ping me a message I can always have a pop at helping. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

no problem.. livened up my Friday even if work did suffer a little. let us know whatever it is you end up using, invested in the team now haha

final shirt_adobespark.png

You do know it’s forbidden on OTIB to admit to supporting another team ???

Hi 

A couple years ago I asked for some help with putting together a badge for a new football team I was running. Stoke Bar & Grill FC in Plymouth. This thread shows some absolute crackers that some very talented posters put together!

For the past two seasons we have used @Spike design and we just won our first league title winning 17 and drawing 1 of our last 18 games to secure the league title after losing our first 3 games in a 21 game season! The lads are really appreciative of this design and I'm a bit embarrassed to see there was no further communication from myself after the badges were created, in the future I think I'd like to keep everyone posted on how we are doing (if at all interested!)

That said, unfortunately we are being uprooted with the pub sadly about to close. However it now looks likely we will be moving under new sponsorship from another pub on the outskirts of Plymouth - The Odd Wheel in Wembury.

Another massive ask if any budding graphic designers are able to help... (I'm absolutely useless and design I've attempted are so amateur looking)

The remit:

Odd Wheel FC

Prime colours - red, black and white (but open to anything really)

The pubs branding is this - if anyone has any time to help it would be brilliant. 

Picture of The Odd Wheel, Wembury - Tripadvisor

the Odd Wheel Inn at Wembury

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

15 minutes ago, ollywhyte said:

Hi 

A couple years ago I asked for some help with putting together a badge for a new football team I was running. Stoke Bar & Grill FC in Plymouth. This thread shows some absolute crackers that some very talented posters put together!

For the past two seasons we have used @Spike design and we just won our first league title winning 17 and drawing 1 of our last 18 games to secure the league title after losing our first 3 games in a 21 game season! The lads are really appreciative of this design and I'm a bit embarrassed to see there was no further communication from myself after the badges were created, in the future I think I'd like to keep everyone posted on how we are doing (if at all interested!)

That said, unfortunately we are being uprooted with the pub sadly about to close. However it now looks likely we will be moving under new sponsorship from another pub on the outskirts of Plymouth - The Odd Wheel in Wembury.

Another massive ask if any budding graphic designers are able to help... (I'm absolutely useless and design I've attempted are so amateur looking)

The remit:

Odd Wheel FC

The pubs branding is this - if anyone has any time to help it would be brilliant. 

Shame i missed this post first time around, I used to live just up the road from stoke bar and grill. Was certainly an interesting place shame its closing!

3 hours ago, ollywhyte said:

Hi 

The remit:

Odd Wheel FC

Just a thought, but why not create a football team that is not named after a pub?

Nothing wrong with having a pub as a sponsor, but with the rate at which they’re closing it might save you a lot of effort further down the line and prevent you from having to reinvent the wheel! 

19 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

No graphic design skills but you could take the red and white striped semicircle from Spike's design and complete the circle with half of the wheel from the new sponsor pub's sign perhaps 

Great shout tbf. That with ODD WHEEL FOOTBALL CLUB would be brilliant and keep some consistency too 

Open to any designs!

• Like 1