IGNORED

England V Ukraine

freezer

17 minutes ago, OneCity said:

Great performance and result! Always believe! (or try to).

But one weird thing. 3 second half goals and multiple substitutions, yet no stoppage time. I don't get that at all.

I mean, I guess the ref thought he was doing them a favour. However, Ukraine were about to make 3 subs to allow three players to at least get on the field these Euros, one an 18 year old lad.

Its for the ref to apply the laws, not to start ‘taking a view’.

Straying into politics for a minute.

If you boo these players taking the knee, please don’t cheer them for winning a football match. That taking the knee epitomises the togetherness this team have when they believe in a cause. And a just one at that.

Or to put it simply - don’t boo them for doing something you don’t agree with but cheer because they do something you like. 

Proud of them. On both counts. And I hope Lee Anderson isn’t watching.

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

Straying into politics for a minute.

If you boo these players taking the knee, please don’t cheer them for winning a football match. That taking the knee epitomises the togetherness this team have when they believe in a cause. And a just one at that.

Or to put it simply - don’t boo them for doing something you don’t agree with but cheer because they do something you like. 

Proud of them. On both counts. And I hope Lee Anderson isn’t watching.

You are going to get hammered for this I am sure but the sentiment is right. The booing of the knee is the single most idiotic thing I’ve ever seen in my life.

Thought ze German officials did a good job tonight. 

Not sure why there wasn't a single minute of added time at the end of the second half though. 

Not complaining, the game was over, but surely the ref has to follow the rules, not interpret them as he sees fit. 

Oh, and nice one England. Fantastic result. 

Not bringing politics into it, but get off your knees. 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Excellent from HK. Peaking at the right time 

Amazing eh. After 80 minutes in the last game he was dog shit and not even worth 20million. Coming into form at the right time.

I'm not Gareths biggest fan but I can't fault him after that. Brilliant.

Really starting to believe.

Another very accomplished and disciplined performance from England. Apart from an element of sloppiness in the first half, it’s difficult to criticise anything about tonight’s game. The work rate and desire was a joy to watch in that second half. 

Not taking anything away from a fantastic team performance by England,I was quite surprised how poor Ukraine were.To come back from 2-O down from Holland,even though they eventually lost,I thought they would have been a fair bit tougher opposition.

6 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Not taking anything away from a fantastic team performance by England,I was quite surprised how poor Ukraine were.To come back from 2-O down from Holland,even though they eventually lost,I thought they would have been a fair bit tougher opposition.

Before half time they were starting to look like they could make a game of it after they changed system, but the second goal coming when it did absolutely knocked the stuffing out of them.

I wasn't nervous for the game today, which is rare for England, maybe a bit of arrogance. I expected us to win, we are the better side.

There is a professionalism to our side at the moment which oozes confidence which was shown tonight.

A massive game on Wednesday

37 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Amazing eh. After 80 minutes in the last game he was dog shit and not even worth 20million. Coming into form at the right time.

I'm not Gareths biggest fan but I can't fault him after that. Brilliant.

Really starting to believe.

As said above we are bullying teams which are not up to our standard in a major tournament for once instead of qualifying when it’s taken as granted so Gareth has to take a lot of credit,as for Kane the proof will be in the pudding when the big games come round when we won’t be so dominant 

5 minutes ago, 2015 said:

I wasn't nervous for the game today, which is rare for England, maybe a bit of arrogance. I expected us to win, we are the better side.

There is a professionalism to our side at the moment which oozes confidence which was shown tonight.

A massive game on Wednesday

Spot on,everyone I know are not especially keen on the way we play with the attacking players we have but  if you don’t concede along with game management we are looking very good 

33 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

As said above we are bullying teams which are not up to our standard in a major tournament for once instead of qualifying when it’s taken as granted so Gareth has to take a lot of credit,as for Kane the proof will be in the pudding when the big games come round when we won’t be so dominant 

The big games? apart from Denmark in the semis there is either Italy or Spain neither of which will be looking forward to playing us, accept it we are now the big game to most teams in the world I know it's hard to take in but it's true we really are one of the best teams in the world at the moment and for a long time to come if the players play to their true potential.

1 minute ago, pillred said:

The big games? apart from Denmark in the semis there is either Italy or Spain neither of which will be looking forward to playing us, accept it we are now the big game to most teams in the world I know it's hard to take in but it's true we really are one of the best teams in the world at the moment and for a long time to come if the players play to their true potential.

What’s your point or did you not read before you quoted me 

Archived