IGNORED

England V Ukraine

freezer

Just now, joe jordans teeth said:

Big games are semi finals and finals when you need your top players to perform,you went on a rant about nobody wants to play us 

So Spain and Italy are everybody? and you accuse me of not reading you before quoting.

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

We have to be favourites to win it now. Effectively two home games against Denmark, and probably Italy.

The scary thing is our strength in depth. Even if we do finally concede and have to chase a game we have an embarrassment of riches on the bench. 

Whisper it but we are now actually quite good.

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Just read some gloriously salty tweets mostly from Welsh fans about home advantage etc.   Suck it up losers. 

It’s brilliant isn’t it - it’s as if we decided where the fixtures were played, anyway, **** em 

20 minutes ago, TomF said:

Just read some gloriously salty tweets mostly from Welsh fans about home advantage etc.   Suck it up losers. 

So if the tournament is ever held in Wales or Scotland we can look forward to these third world countries  winning it then?

18 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

Do they not know where Rome is ?

One of the tweets I read suggested they could have hosted a QF at Cardiff’s ground ??

16 minutes ago, TomF said:

One of the tweets I read suggested they could have hosted a QF at Cardiff’s ground ??

They`re getting as needy and delusional as the blue few.

`We wud of won if we had thousands of prowed Welsh packing out the ground`

No you wouldn`t boyo, you`d still have been shite and got stuffed.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

What a game that was. Wish I had recorded it, would watch it all over again.

I thought going into the tournament that these bunch of players should be winning it. Of course anything can happen, we could get some bad luck and undeservedly exit the tournament, but I don't think there's a nation with a stronger squad than ours.

Will be interesting to see if there's any changes for the Denmark game. Shaw is in amazing form, so he surely has that place now. And Chilwell just recently performed brilliantly in the Champions league final. Amazing strength in depth there.

I think Mount stays in. He was key to that performance yesterday. Grealish might be the fans favourite, more magical on the ball. But Mount moves the ball quicker and is a better team player in his movement and work rate.

It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps the same side, the only question mark would seem to be that right wing position. But Sancho looked so dangerous and I like having the pace of him and Sterling either side of Kane. Both want the ball to feet, but also look for balls in behind.

Kane was back to his best and I think the combination of players around him seemed to help his game yesterday.

It’s on iplayer? 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000xpgz/euro-2020-quarterfinal-ukraine-v-england

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I thought going into the tournament that these bunch of players should be winning it. Of course anything can happen, we could get some bad luck and undeservedly exit the tournament, but I don't think there's a nation with a stronger squad than ours.

Will be interesting to see if there's any changes for the Denmark game. Shaw is in amazing form, so he surely has that place now. And Chilwell just recently performed brilliantly in the Champions league final. Amazing strength in depth there.

I think Mount stays in. He was key to that performance yesterday. Grealish might be the fans favourite, more magical on the ball. But Mount moves the ball quicker and is a better team player in his movement and work rate.

It wouldn't surprise me if he keeps the same side, the only question mark would seem to be that right wing position. But Sancho looked so dangerous and I like having the pace of him and Sterling either side of Kane. Both want the ball to feet, but also look for balls in behind.

Kane was back to his best and I think the combination of players around him seemed to help his game yesterday.

The only change I would make would be Henderson for Rice... Sancho stays in for me as does Mount.

That Kane volley that led to the fourth goal speaks volumes.... He's played himself into form. Dangerous player to have...

1 minute ago, Will Rollason said:

The only change I would make would be Henderson for Rice... Sancho stays in for me as does Mount.

That Kane volley that led to the fourth goal speaks volumes.... He's played himself into form. Dangerous player to have...

Agree on Henderson. Think that small change could make us that tiny bit more forward thinking and step us up another level. Wouldn’t lose much defensively either 

29 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Good summary and the way England controlled the game in the second half was unbelievable and only time will tell if we could do that against a Spain or Italy. Last week all the doubters were on Kane's back but if you play to his strengths give  him the ball and have players around him there's no one better.

2 hours ago, TomF said:

The amount of Welsh and Scottish bitterness is only to be expected:

"Home advantage"

"Got to the Semi-Finals without playing one decent team"....apparently (although we did play crap against a pub side second up I'll admit)

That's standard though, you literally expect nothing less from them and watching the Welsh revert to type in particular (especially the fan on here who was going to turn up last Tuesday and rub our noses in it after we got "pumped" by the Germans) is all part of the fun tbh. However the people I am laughing at most this morning form a very loud but tiny minority and fall into two categories:

The English "fans" who do nothing but moan, criticise and whinge and can't wait for us to slip up on Wednesday....or any day for that matter

The English "anti-English" twitter brigade who are physically sick that the masses are happy with their football team right now

What a great tournament this has been for an England fan so far.....................

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

The amount of Welsh and Scottish bitterness is only to be expected:

"Home advantage"

"Got to the Semi-Finals without playing one decent team"....apparently (although we did play crap against a pub side second up I'll admit)

That's standard though, you literally expect nothing less from them and watching the Welsh revert to type in particular (especially the fan on here who was going to turn up last Tuesday and rub our noses in it after we got "pumped" by the Germans) is all part of the fun tbh. However the people I am laughing at most this morning form a very loud but tiny minority and fall into two categories:

The English "fans" who do nothing but moan, criticise and whinge and can't wait for us to slip up on Wednesday....or any day for that matter

The English "anti-English" twitter brigade who are physically sick that the masses are happy with their football team right now

What a great tournament this has been for an England fan so far.....................

Yep and funnily enough the Welsh seem to have forgotten about the relatively easy ride they got to the QFs  last Euros. They’ve only qualified last two due to the expanded nature of the tournament.

Another shout should go out to all the lockdown lovers who going nuts because people are outside in groups enjoying the victory.  

Archived