IGNORED

England V Ukraine

freezer

6 hours ago, Super said:

That's what i thought but Lineker tweeted different.

Correct.

If anyone is interested, both networks scheduled originally both time slots. However, they agreed to show a SF each, and this round it is ITVs turn to chose first which one. At the time they would not have known how far England would get, and indeed what SF they could end up in.

Obviously ITV chose the second SF as their choice, so just them showing it.

18 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Apart from @cidercity1987's comment earlier, I have not seen this mentioned.

If it is true, does anybody know why?

It would seem a very strange decision if true - I can't believe it is because Spain might be in the final as, to the best of knowledge, Michael Oliver is still there..

I understand that any referee from a semi final nation cannot officiate from now on. As he's Spanish, it applies to him as well as our guy.

The German fella that did the Ukraine game was excellent IMHO, he must have a chance of getting the final.

16 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Correct.

If anyone is interested, both networks scheduled originally both time slots. However, they agreed to show a SF each, and this round it is ITVs turn to chose first which one. At the time they would not have known how far England would get, and indeed what SF they could end up in.

Obviously ITV chose the second SF as their choice, so just them showing it.

Oh dear...England now need to end "the curse of itv" think I read its 5 wins from 25 tournament games shown on itv since '98. ?

Have to say, was quite pleasantly surprised at the ease of the win. I consider Ukraine to be a decent side yet there wasn't all that much threat and we were comfortable in possession albeit not dominant- clinical too.

I expected us to win, but 4-0...certain players will grow in confidence, if we improve as the tournament progresses that certainly could bode well.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Have to say, was quite pleasantly surprised at the ease of the win. I consider Ukraine to be a decent side yet there wasn't all that much threat and we were comfortable in possession albeit not dominant- clinical too.

I expected us to win, but 4-0...certain players will grow in confidence, if we improve as the tournament progresses that certainly could bode well.

I thought we were completely dominant. Barring a couple of half chances and that Pickford hashed clearance we didn't look remotely threatened.

I think it's totally fine to say we're actually a good side now with a great chance at winning the tournament. 

25 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I thought we were completely dominant. Barring a couple of half chances and that Pickford hashed clearance we didn't look remotely threatened.

I think it's totally fine to say we're actually a good side now with a great chance at winning the tournament. 

Aware of that, and agree but seen Ukraine a couple of times and they certainly had an attacking threat- thinking of their comeback v Holland in Amsterdam.

That aside, 10 shots/4 goals- wonderfully clinical but how long can that remain.

FWIW, the official stats although Stats can be misleading- felt more dominant than the Stats, we had 52% possession to 48%, and 10 shots to 7. 6 to 2 on target. XG had us 2 goals better.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Aware of that, and agree but seen Ukraine a couple of times and they certainly had an attacking threat- thinking of their comeback v Holland in Amsterdam.

That aside, 10 shots/4 goals- wonderfully clinical but how long can that remain.

FWIW, the official stats although Stats can be misleading- felt more dominant than the Stats, we had 52% possession to 48%, and 10 shots to 7. 6 to 2 on target. XG had us 2 goals better.

Yeah I agree about the stats. We looked really comfortable and took our foot off the gas really last 20 minutes. I think if we'd gone all out we could've got 6.

Archived