IGNORED

Just infuriates me

Paulton Red

Probably not the first post about this but today I got a text asking me to renew my membership for £25.

I click the link which says it’s £26 because there’s a compulsory £1 booking fee, and then I get a £1 postage fee.

why the **** don’t they just say it’s £27?

I now feel like I’m being conned, it’s not like they need to keep the headline cost low to be competitive, I’m not gonna get a gas membership because it’s £2 cheaper.

just pisses me off, I’ve not renewed, probably will, but might not

Just tell the truth...renew your membership for £27

(Having a bad day and this just wound me up more...rant over, thanks for listening)

35 minutes ago, Paulton Red said:

Probably not the first post about this but today I got a text asking me to renew my membership for £25.

I click the link which says it’s £26 because there’s a compulsory £1 booking fee, and then I get a £1 postage fee.

I now feel like I’m being conned, it’s not like they need to keep the headline cost low to be competitive, I’m not gonna get a gas membership because it’s £2 cheaper.

(Having a bad day and this just wound me up more...rant over, thanks for listening)

Unfortunately if they lump it in and say it’s £27 someone else will start a thread saying “why are there hidden charges, they should be transparent” etc etc

Yes, thanks for the replies...I’m gonna renew (we have several memberships) but not today.

I’m assuming people from the club read the forum so seemed a way of getting my point to them rather than ranting at the people on the phone who don’t create these daft policies)

marketing, tax, whatever the reason it shouldn’t be at the loss of transparency

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It's making an informed decision, laws changed a while back so you have to be aware of what you're being charged for. 

I thought the law had changed so that the total cost was advertised i.e £27 and the breakdown of the cost was shown to the customer before making a purchase.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

It literally said it on the advert I saw £25 *plus £1 booking fee and £1 postage 

See below

1 hour ago, Paulton Red said:

Hate to say but it does clearly state about the extra money - though fully understand your point

image.png

1 hour ago, Paulton Red said:

Possibly something to do with tax/VAT?

I buy something online regularly - it costs £10. Used to be £10 for the item and free postage. Now it's £7 for the item and £3 postage. When I asked why its because they only have to pay VAT on the cost of the item, not the postage.

I got notified by text

Hi Paulton, 2021/22 Memberships are now available for just £25. Visit bcfc.co.uk/membership. To opt out text STOP76484 to 60033

If I follow the link there’s no small print or mention of booking fee. The first page just shows the price as £25 and then on the checkout they add the £1 postage.

It’s just a bit shit. People moan that we are treated like customers not supporters, sometimes they don’t even treat us with the respect and honesty that customers should get

2 hours ago, Paulton Red said:

Yes, thanks for the replies...I’m gonna renew (we have several memberships) but not today.

I’m assuming people from the club read the forum so seemed a way of getting my point to them rather than ranting at the people on the phone who don’t create these daft policies)

marketing, tax, whatever the reason it shouldn’t be at the loss of transparency

There's a sub-forum for this sort of question to be asked if you want to be sure the point is seen by the club.  Try popping it into the SLO forum to a) get confirmed what many are saying as the reasons, and b) make the point about the link you've posted in another post taking you to a page that isn't clear.  It's a valid point about transparency across all communication.  Unfortunately your topic title probably makes it less likely that a member of staff would see it in this forum.

I have had a membership for the last few seasons (obviously not 20/21) as it makes me feel part of the club as i can't commit to a season ticket.

I try and get down to 7 or 8 games a season so the fiver off each ticket soon makes it worthwhile.

I will buy one this year but i am concerned about permitted attendances come August. We have already sold approx 50% of seats to ST holders so do you think that stadiums will be allowed back to normal for the new season?

1 minute ago, Edgy Red said:

I have had a membership for the last few seasons (obviously not 20/21) as it makes me feel part of the club as i can't commit to a season ticket.

I try and get down to 7 or 8 games a season so the fiver off each ticket soon makes it worthwhile.

I will buy one this year but i am concerned about permitted attendances come August. We have already sold approx 50% of seats to ST holders so do you think that stadiums will be allowed back to normal for the new season?

It should be full stadiums, but membership gives priority over general sale so that's why I have one.

Comes with £5 shop voucher, so then you only have to go to 4 games to get the moneys worth.

Archived