IGNORED

King signed - official

Major Isewater

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He won’t be fatigued / burned out!

Interesting to know how much say both King and Benkovic had in their respective loans to Leuvens?  When you’re not in the 25 man PL squad, I wonder if the club kinda gently insisted they went on loan to their “feeder”.

Think King is one to watch and then judge.  If he’s still got the hunger, being a City fan you hope he has, he might put right the fact his career has stuttered / stalled.

I have an open mind but not much optimism. Fed up of watching ageing one-paced midfield players plod around. Athleticism, calmness, tight ball control, eye for a pass - my idea of a decent midfield player’s attributes. I expect we can’t afford one like that though.

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

That's good enough for me: ? He's one of our own, he's one of our own, he's Andy King, he's one of our own.....?

(Just read he was born in North Devon. We had a lot of fans down there in our 70s heyday.)

Barnstaple by all accounts.

11 hours ago, WarksRobin said:

Wasn’t aware he was a City supporter!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57695198

Have a feeling he could become a fans favourite going by his comments about his family and himself being city supporters, I feel he will want to really do his best for us and finish his career on a high let's hope he's not another Marcus Stewart.  

On 02/07/2021 at 12:26, LondonBristolian said:

This is great to know, and the three bits in bold are things we desperately need in the dressing room, regardless of what he does on the pitch.

We've a lot of decent young players but the leadership in the squad just hasn't been there and we desperately need senior players who can set an example and a set of standards. Sounds like this might be part of what he's been brought in to do. 

We certainly haven't had anyone who could take charge on the pitch, and it has showed. This could be one of the most important signings we will make.

14 hours ago, Maltshoveller said:

As we are looking for a forward we could always bring back

Jonathan Cotija 

Got me thinking if I had a cheese plate comprising of ex-players who would I go for, decided on Jay Emmental Thomas, Gerry Gouda, Edam Webster and Paul Cheesley.

23 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Got me thinking if I had a cheese plate comprising of ex-players who would I go for, decided on Jay Emmental Thomas, Gerry Gouda, Edam Webster and Paul Cheesley.

Alan Stilton

Brien Drysdale

Andy King  is a Red Leicester

Archived