IGNORED

Paul Simpson - Now back at Work

frenchred

3 hours ago, frenchred said:

Been diagnosed with renal cancer. Good luck in your recovery Paul from someone who has just gone through it.

Very best wishes and hope you make a full recovery and return to work

Everything you said, hopefully its caught early enough before any spread.

My bowel tumor removal 2 yrs ago seems to have gone ....for now, caught and removed just in time; many scans later I`m all clear.

Hope all goes well Paul :fingerscrossed:

33 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As someone who has had and survived kidney cancer (albeit with the loss of a kidney) I pray for a successful outcome and a speedy return to normal life. I don't know where he is being treated but Southmead hospital here in Bristol not only has one of the best renal units in the UK but in the world. 

All the best Paul. Stay strong. 

As you know Tony, same thing happened to me. It can be cleared but unfortunately mine spread but still fighting.

Have to agree about Southmead as I had keyhole surgery for my kidney removal.

Wishing Paul all the best.

18 hours ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

As someone who has had and survived kidney cancer (albeit with the loss of a kidney) I pray for a successful outcome and a speedy return to normal life. I don't know where he is being treated but Southmead hospital here in Bristol not only has one of the best renal units in the UK but in the world. 

All the best Paul. Stay strong. 

ditto you and frenchred too. it is really pleasing to hear of so many recoveries. years ago, the c word was the end ,not anymore. a relalative of mine has just been diagnosed with voicebox cancer, they are going to remove it with a laser because they can see the affected bits. dont forsee any other treatment if all goes well. incredible understanding of it nowadays

Good luck Paul and best wishes. I was diagnosed 4 years ago with same, had a kidney removed at the great Southmead hospital. Unfortunately it had spread. I am still on oral chemotherapy and doing very well. All my scans are now clear. The side effects can be a bit trying but overall I feel very  good. The only symptom I had was that one day I went for a wee and passed some blood. It only happened once. After some nagging from my wife, I went to the doctor. Because off my age [over 60] I was given an emergency appointment at Southmead. After an initial examination I was sent for scans, and diagnosed about 2 weeks later. So the message is if you find or notice any changes to the way your body feels or acts get it checked out.

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

Opened this thread fearing bad news so delighted and slightly shocked to see him back so soon! Brilliant news

Same, saw this thread had new posts in it, and said "oh no" to myself as i opened it fearing the worst

Mods can we add - Back at City into the title just to allay some fears!

Archived