IGNORED

Running - Mods - please leave for now

Silvio Dante

Hi all, 

As you may know, popular OTIB poster @One Team In Keynsham passed earlier this year. I never knew, and never met, OTIK, but he started the OTIB runners community. This group has proved invaluable, particularly through lockdown, as all of the OTIB community encourage, cajole, and even mock through Strava to keep us all motivated.

So, why am I posting here?

In tribute to OTIK, the OTIB runners community want to get together to run a 10k to thank him for bringing everyone together. The pace isn’t important. The time isn’t important. The being there is important. We’re trying to work out a suitable time/date and everyone is welcome - so please go to the “Runners” thread on General Chat and comment if you’re up for (and when) so we can do the time and date that suits us all best.

NB - there are c30 members in the otib runners community and I do not know their handles on here so apologies to those i miss

@TMWANG50 @mozo @!james  @Harry @Masala @Rutland Red
@BRISTOL86 @Moments of Pleasure
@formerly known as ivan@Rob k

@TomF @CyderInACan

8 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Hi all, 

As you may know, popular OTIB poster @One Team In Keynsham passed earlier this year. I never knew, and never met, OTIK, but he started the OTIB runners community. This group has proved invaluable, particularly through lockdown, as all of the OTIB community encourage, cajole, and even mock through Strava to keep us all motivated.

So, why am I posting here?

In tribute to OTIK, the OTIB runners community want to get together to run a 10k to thank him for bringing everyone together. The pace isn’t important. The time isn’t important. The being there is important. We’re trying to work out a suitable time/date and everyone is welcome - so please go to the “Runners” thread on General Chat and comment if you’re up for (and when) so we can do the time and date that suits us all best.

NB - there are c30 members in the otib runners community and I do not know their handles on here so apologies to those i miss

@TMWANG50 @mozo @!james  @Harry @Masala @Rutland Red
@BRISTOL86 @Moments of Pleasure
@formerly known as ivan@Rob k

@TomF @CyderInACan

Thanks @Silvio Dante. For anyone who didn't know, Phil (OTIK) managed to complete each of the marathon 'majors' plus a marathon on every continent (including Antarctica). Amazing.

• This topic was pinned and unpinned
6 hours ago, Mad Cyril said:

Thanks @Silvio Dante. For anyone who didn't know, Phil (OTIK) managed to complete each of the marathon 'majors' plus a marathon on every continent (including Antarctica). Amazing.

What a legend! 

I'm hoping to join this tribute run, and I've suggested a beer garden to finish ?

Archived