IGNORED

Players of the year BCFC

City oz

Great list of City heroes. Watching most in past years  bring back some great memories.

My stand outs are bite your legs Hunter and Gerry Gow.

Then a mention for Bobby Reid and Howard Pritchard. Oh and a  couple of others which need to be mentioned. Sticks sir Tom Ritchie and Howard Pritchard.

I suppose it depends on what era you started being a City supporter and lets hope season 2021/22 brings some quality players to the club that we will look back on in years to come.

COYR

hide

our fav players. all on this list are great players over various times. 

Interesting to see so few win it more than once. I assume because we often sell our POTY, or it's just really hard to be that good for two years.

Also, I really dislike both "The Whole Squad" and "Award not given". Just commit to the thing and give it to one individual each season.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

5 goalies - Waugh (one of my faves), Welch, Basso, Heaton and Bentley.

That spell of Keeper, Striker, Full back , Full back, Keeper doesn't make it sound like times of thrilling attacking football. But I remember it differently.

1988–89: Waugh

1989–90: B. Taylor

1990–91: Llewellyn

1991–92: Scott

1992–93: Welch

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

I think there may have been more important things in 82 than player of the year. 

Sure. But there would have still been a player that played better than others. You don't have to make a song and dance about it, have a photoshoot or even hand out a prize, but you can still record who the player of the year was.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Sure. But there would have still been a player that played better than others. You don't have to make a song and dance about it, have a photoshoot or even hand out a prize, but you can still record who the player of the year was.

Utterly miserable season. Third successive relegation. Most senior players gone as the Ashton Gate 8. Player of the season would have been the ultimate pisstake. Probably would have gone to Mickey Mouse 

1 minute ago, miser said:

Utterly miserable season. Third successive relegation. Most senior players gone as the Ashton Gate 8. Player of the season would have been the ultimate pisstake. Probably would have gone to Mickey Mouse 

Ok, I wasn't there, I wasn't born. Still, we managed to name a POTY last season when the country was in the grip of a pandemic that was literally killing people.

I'd have thought would have been possible to have a little meeting, perhaps at the beginning of the 82/83 season when the worst of the dust had settled, just to note down who played well, maybe send them a card in the post. If this club ever does cease to exist, I'd want our final ever season to have a "player of the season".

40 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Did the bitter end prevent it?

He was still here for the next season, it was that summer he picked up the knee injury but didn't leave for another 18 months after the end of his 20 goal season

Archived