IGNORED

Not wanting Gerland to win

1team

The people who do that will do that anyway! 

Bottom line is, nobody of any particular political persuasion owns our country or owns patriotism, as much as some claim to do so. I want England to win. And I will feel pleased and proud to be English if they do so. Patriotism doesn't need to be hateful or negative and I think it's great we've got a team of likeable, hardworking players who represent England as it is, rather than England as the xenophobes want it to be.

I hope we beat Denmark and I hope to get to finally see us in a final. I'll just feel a bit sorry for those who miss out on a chance to see England in a major final for the first time in 55 years because they feel the need to boycott the team due to the players kneeling before matches. 

13 minutes ago, 1team said:

Am I the only one who is hoping Gerland don't win this. It will be the perfect excuse for chest pumping xenophobic brexiteers to tell us how fantastic Gerland is and how s**t Europe is. Depressing.

Oh fgs. Why let it depress you? So what if people do?! I expect they will be in the minority

18 minutes ago, 1team said:

Am I the only one who is hoping Gerland don't win this. It will be the perfect excuse for chest pumping xenophobic brexiteers to tell us how fantastic Gerland is and how s**t Europe is. Depressing.

If you hate your own country that much there are alternatives. What a sad way to live life……imo of course.

14 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

The people who do that will do that anyway! 

Bottom line is, nobody of any particular political persuasion owns our country or owns patriotism, as much as some claim to do so. I want England to win. And I will feel pleased and proud to be English if they do so. Patriotism doesn't need to be hateful or negative and I think it's great we've got a team of likeable, hardworking players who represent England as it is, rather than England as the xenophobes want it to be.

I hope we beat Denmark and I hope to get to finally see us in a final. I'll just feel a bit sorry for those who miss out on a chance to see England in a major final for the first time in 55 years because they feel the need to boycott the team due to the players kneeling before matches. 

Spot on, we will all be celebrating a diverse team that is a reasonable representation of the football playing public……….except the odd English but anti-English bellend that can’t see a football tournament for what it is and equates patriotism to racism because they don’t have the sense to see otherwise.

We’ll be supporting Sterling, Sancho, Trippier, Rashford, Phillips, Rice, Grealish etc. which clearly makes the lot of us Little Englander xenophobes. I’ve read some strange stuff on here but the op has trumped almost everyone I think.

24 minutes ago, 1team said:

If you don’t want your country to win a tournament because some fans might go a bit tribal then I suggest you find another sport. 
Your take on this is the only thing depressing, though I feel you are probably out for a nibble ?

25 minutes ago, 1team said:

Or it could be a great time for decent football supporters who haven't really had much to get excited about for over fifty years.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Spot on, we will all be celebrating a diverse team that is a reasonable representation of the football playing public……….except the odd English but anti-English bellend that can’t see a football tournament for what it is and equates patriotism to racism because they don’t have the sense to see otherwise.

We’ll be supporting Sterling, Sancho, Trippier, Rashford, Phillips, Rice, Grealish etc. which clearly makes the lot of us Little Englander xenophobes. I’ve read some strange stuff on here but the op has trumped almost everyone I think.

Good post. Agree with it all especially the last part. 

34 minutes ago, 1team said:

If you hate England so much, feel free to f@#& off!

35 minutes ago, 1team said:

Yes you probably are you absolute melt

21 minutes ago, 1team said:

So you reckon all Brexiteers are chest pumping xenophobes?

There's nothing wrong with being patriotic and proud of your country's achievements. If England win again I'm certain thousands of English citizens who voted to stay in the EU (alongside Brexiteers) will be pumping their chests and flying the flag of St George.

If Denmark, Spain or Italy beat England, their fans will, quite rightly, pump their chests and patrioticaly wave their countries' flags. I assume you have no problem with that.

55 minutes ago, 1team said:

We’ll that went well! Would you like to try again in the hope you might get the outcome you were after?

1 hour ago, 1team said:

Embarrassing.

1 hour ago, 1team said:

Have some respect..It's England

1 hour ago, 1team said:

England are a very diverse team who are aware of social issues.

The real xenophobes have already said they are boycotting this tournament.

Your post is therefore extremely silly.

1 hour ago, 1team said:

I suppose they were all hiding away when we got nil points in Eurovision then?

1 hour ago, 1team said:

I certainly want England to win…..but I don’t want our politicians jumping on a bandwagon, when a few weeks ago they were backing the fans boo’ing the “taking the knee”.  Efin’ hypocrites.  The amount of shit they’ve given football during COVID and then subsequently been embarrassed by the likes of Rashford has shown what a bunch of “see you next Tuesdays” they really are.  I efin’ dispise them.

I see Nationwide Building Society, provided the flag to Johnson, tweeted about it, got a load of flak and deleted all trace of them doing so.

I have been told that I am a "woke snowflake" despite being 53 and my sons calling me a "gammon".  I voted remain but accepted the will of the people.  I also don't like the direction that this country is heading.

But, I would love it, LOVE IT, if England win the Euros.  

1 hour ago, 1team said:

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this has been posted after a few too many lunch time drinks. Xenophobia is a dislike of people from other countries, so using your logic, if you want England to win a football match, you must hate the rest of the world. What total garbage. I’ve wanted England to win every match but I haven’t hated the people from opposing countries. As for brexit, what on earth has a vote on how the country is governed got to do with the Euros? Over 17m people voted to leave, but that doesn’t mean they are xenophobic 

2 hours ago, 1team said:

Probably.

12 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Over 17m people voted to leave, but that doesn’t mean they are xenophobic 

I bet none of them were from Xenophobia or even know where it is.

Archived