IGNORED

Not wanting Gerland to win

1team

2 hours ago, 1team said:

Am I the only one who is hoping Gerland don't win this. It will be the perfect excuse for chest pumping xenophobic brexiteers to tell us how fantastic Gerland is and how s**t Europe is. Depressing.

Hope you stand on a plug 

2 hours ago, 1team said:

Am I the only one who is hoping Gerland don't win this. It will be the perfect excuse for chest pumping xenophobic brexiteers to tell us how fantastic Gerland is and how s**t Europe is. Depressing.

You’re a disgrace . Don’t bother replying you’re going straight on ignore. Wanting England to lose is bad enough but dragging politics into it as well. What a ***** 

2 hours ago, 1team said:

we aint won anything yet......you best get the samaritans phone number on tap just in case worse case happens you absolute person I disagree with

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I certainly want England to win…..but I don’t want our politicians jumping on a bandwagon, when a few weeks ago they were backing the fans boo’ing the “taking the knee”.  Efin’ hypocrites.  The amount of shit they’ve given football during COVID and then subsequently been embarrassed by the likes of Rashford has shown what a bunch of “see you next Tuesdays” they really are.  I efin’ dispise them.

I see Nationwide Building Society, provided the flag to Johnson, tweeted about it, got a load of flak and deleted all trace of them doing so.

For balance, it's not just Johnson either..............Sir Kier jumping on the same "this should win me a few votes back from those Red Wall Northern scoundrels" bandwagon and even a few of the Corbynista are trying to fool people that they are normal, salt of the earth football lads and lasses, in a pub and not a single pint (or any other drink for that matter) to be seen.........not ONE of them, Labour or Tory, could name a player that plays for, say, Birmingham City, not one of them.

As for Rashford, comes across as a great lad with fantastic principles BUT personally I think he would do well to put the politics to one side just for a little bit and remember he gets paid an ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE amount of wedge to be a top level professional footballer. Don't forget the day job that gives you the opportunity and the platform to make a difference in other ways and let's see some FOOTBALL that matches the top dollar wages you are paid, like we're seeing from Sterling, Maguire, Phillips, Rice, Kane, Grealish etc.

3 hours ago, 1team said:

Probably a wind up.....nobody could be that sad and pathetic.

He is probably just sitting their in his lonely bedroom laughing at all our replies.

33 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Probably a wind up.....nobody could be that sad and pathetic.

He is probably just sitting their in his lonely bedroom laughing at all our replies.

Have a look on Twitter, it’s full of wet flannels like this guy

If you find it a problem that people are happy to see their National team do well at a Sport then maybe it is you that is the problem?

Sport is the one thing that unites a Nation whether you are Male, female, white, black etc - we are all England and politics has nothing to do with it.

It must really hurt you to see people happy

4 hours ago, 1team said:

Yes i even want England to win

• Admin
1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

For balance, it's not just Johnson either..............Sir Kier jumping on the same "this should win me a few votes back from those Red Wall Northern scoundrels" bandwagon and even a few of the Corbynista are trying to fool people that they are normal, salt of the earth football lads and lasses, in a pub and not a single pint (or any other drink for that matter) to be seen.........not ONE of them, Labour or Tory, could name a player that plays for, say, Birmingham City, not one of them.

As for Rashford, comes across as a great lad with fantastic principles BUT personally I think he would do well to put the politics to one side just for a little bit and remember he gets paid an ABSOLUTELY MASSIVE amount of wedge to be a top level professional footballer. Don't forget the day job that gives you the opportunity and the platform to make a difference in other ways and let's see some FOOTBALL that matches the top dollar wages you are paid, like we're seeing from Sterling, Maguire, Phillips, Rice, Kane, Grealish etc.

Interesting, I had a conversation just last night and the subject was Rashford and his performances for club and country since getting involved in his political stance.  They have definitely dropped off.

4 hours ago, 1team said:

I totally understand your sentiment but I think it’s misplaced because of the decency and diversity of this England team and the intelligence and humility of its manager. They are easy to like…unlike those who you mention.

4 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I totally understand your sentiment but I think it’s misplaced because of the decency and diversity of this England team and the intelligence and humility of its manager. They are easy to like…unlike those who you mention.

And just possibly it’s fans as well?

4 hours ago, 1team said:

Last night, after England won, a bunch of xenophobic brexiteers broke into my flat, started pumping their chests with a chest-pumping machine and kept going on about how s**t Europe is. It was indeed a bit depressing but I doubt it will happen again. So, no, I'm not with you on this one.

Anyone who highlights the diversity of the team rather than the football ability, tactics or teamwork of the squad is just as guilty of using the team to justify their ideology. But who cares as you can't control what others do or think, you should focus on enjoying the ride and hopefully England are 2 wins away from their first ever Euros. ? My problem is I can't get even a little carried away after seeing them get knocked out too many times before, it's hard to lose the feeling that you are waiting for the inevitable to happen.

5 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

The people who do that will do that anyway! 

Bottom line is, nobody of any particular political persuasion owns our country or owns patriotism, as much as some claim to do so. I want England to win. And I will feel pleased and proud to be English if they do so. Patriotism doesn't need to be hateful or negative and I think it's great we've got a team of likeable, hardworking players who represent England as it is, rather than England as the xenophobes want it to be.

I hope we beat Denmark and I hope to get to finally see us in a final. I'll just feel a bit sorry for those who miss out on a chance to see England in a major final for the first time in 55 years because they feel the need to boycott the team due to the players kneeling before matches. 

Indeed, and the sooner people learn the difference between patriotism and nationalism the better.

5 hours ago, 1team said:

This is from the Guardian on the weekend:

The England team have had a busy week. Championing year 7 school kids, engaging in LGBTQ+ allyship, sharing mental health advice with fans and continuing their stand against racism, it’s been nonstop. Fortunately they still found time to beat Germany in a knockout match for the first time since 1966 and on Saturday face Ukraine in the quarter-final of the Euros. The trophy is only three wins away.

6 hours ago, 1team said:

Good start now all you need is to apply for a seat in the audience on question time reckon your made for it.

3 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m struggling to name a Brum player, so I’m not sure that’s the best measure!

I'm English so of course I want England to win. There is however just a very small part of me that thinks failure would at least stop the sycophantic puerile garbage that comes out of the mouths of Shearer and Co. Last time I looked Gareth Southgate didn't walk on water. I'm not saying he's not done a decent job results wise but I find much of his football philosophy stupefylingly boring all delivered with less personality than Nigel Mansell.

29 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

I'm English so of course I want England to win. There is however just a very small part of me that thinks failure would at least stop the sycophantic puerile garbage that comes out of the mouths of Shearer and Co. Last time I looked Gareth Southgate didn't walk on water. I'm not saying he's not done a decent job results wise but I find much of his football philosophy stupefylingly boring all delivered with less personality than Nigel Mansell.

Wow, that’s a good reason to lose!
But then I don’t think they’ve been sycophantic towards Southgate. To me they are being supportive and quietly hopeful that we can do it. 

14 hours ago, 1team said:

What a miserable, vindictive excuse for a human being you are.

34 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

So you would take an England defeat just so a handful of ex-players stop talking up the team/Southgate? Wow, that’s as bad as the OP!

And why the hell should Southgate’s personality have anything to do with it? 
He is paid to pick an England side, tactics, win games, win tournaments…..Holloway has a personality, would you rather he be England manager?

I’m not his biggest fan and the start of the tournament wasn’t great but we have always been slow starters and if he goes on to win this he will be the most successful England manager in over 50 years…..regardless of his philosophy or personality 

14 hours ago, 1team said:

Gerland is a town in France. They aren't playing in the Euros. Do your carers know you have broken into their office to access the internet.

Archived