IGNORED

Not wanting Gerland to win

1team

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Neuer requested that Kane wear the armband as he is very big on LGBT equal rights. Of course, Kane wouldn't have done anything else but wear it. That's the back story as I understand it anyway.

Fair play to both of them.

In any case, Rainbow armbands seem to be a recurring thing for this England squad :

https://twitter.com/HarryMaguire93/status/1337851211794558980

3 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

I think the OP was just trying to stir up some interesting debate. I doubt he really wants England to lose. The insults against him are out of order and perhaps illustrate part of the point he was trying to make.

Couldn't disagree more. If you post something that anyone with a reasonable brain in their head would realise is controversial, hugely unpopular or inflammatory to a minority who cannot control their emotions then you get what you get. You posted it, you deal with the fall out. If you want interesting debate then post something that is actually interesting rather than contrary.........otherwise you will get anything but interesting debate.

4 hours ago, mozo said:

Supporting the other side is actually a good topic.

Got to be honest, I used to think it was hilarious that Tim Henman never won Wimbledon. The middle class hysteria used to wind me right up.

There were people saying on this forum that they wanted City to get smashed so that LJ would be sacked.

Tiger Tim! 

Prefer Greg Rusedski

Whether the OP meant it, or whether he/she is just sitting back enjoying the results of his 'clickbait' fishing, the fact remains that sadly there ARE some English people who hate England/UK and see the England football team and its fans as the epitome of everything they despise. Those people see a bit of pride and passion for the nation as something to hate - to them it symbolises the very worst of imperial vileness. 

To the vast majority of us of course it's just about supporting your national team - just like normal supporters from all other nations do. Nothing wrong with that.

At the end of the day however, you can't 'argue' someone into supporting their national side. They've made their own minds up and its their business - albeit a bit weird. Just leave the rest of us to enjoy the moment and go and watch something else on TV instead.......... maybe there's a soap - or an American sitcom on one of the channels to watch....?

2 hours ago, BigTone said:

Nah, Tommy's not like that.

Speaking of whom, where's Tommy ?

Is that the Swedish version of Where's Wally? 

2 minutes ago, AshtonYate said:

Not too much prejudice there then.  The irony. 

Intolerance of anything that differs from your opinion is standard these days. Disagree with anyone and it either makes you a chest thumping racist Tory Bastard Brexiteer or a woke, lefty, Marxist Labour Bastard (Brexiteer in small number of cases!!). People come on here, try and sound intelligent, talk of having "interesting and intellectual" debates blah blah blah. How you gonna do that when so many people are completely and utterly polarised in their opinions and simply unwilling to accept that others might think differently without chucking insults about?

Racist, Marxist, Woke, Gammon etc. etc. if that's intelligent debate I'll stick to being thick as **** thank you very much............

1 hour ago, RedHienz said:

Tiger Tim! 

Prefer Greg Rusedski

'Tiger Tim', 'Henman Hill', his little fist pump and posh ladies shouting 'come on, Tim in between points...for some reason all of that really irritated me!

I don't like Murray either. Actually, I don't think I like Tennis...

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Intolerance of anything that differs from your opinion is standard these days. Disagree with anyone and it either makes you a chest thumping racist Tory Bastard Brexiteer or a woke, lefty, Marxist Labour Bastard (Brexiteer in small number of cases!!). People come on here, try and sound intelligent, talk of having "interesting and intellectual" debates blah blah blah. How you gonna do that when so many people are completely and utterly polarised in their opinions and simply unwilling to accept that others might think differently without chucking insults about?

Racist, Marxist, Woke, Gammon etc. etc. if that's intelligent debate I'll stick to being thick as **** thank you very much............

Best post I've seen on here.  Thank you for being you. 

33 minutes ago, swanker said:

image.jpeg.d25ef9f2bbb217f41eba5ebf47b11090.jpeg

15 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I remember him from Oasis

I remember her from a desperate and drunk last dance at the Top Rank!

12 minutes ago, mozo said:

'Tiger Tim', 'Henman Hill', his little fist pump and posh ladies shouting 'come on Tim’  in between points...for some reason all of that really irritated me!

Knowing what posh ladies wanted to do to him must have spurred Tiger Tim on!

3 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

the fact remains that sadly there ARE some English people who hate England/UK and see the England football team and its fans as the epitome of everything they despise. Those people see a bit of pride and passion for the nation as something to hate - to them it symbolises the very worst of imperial vileness. 

Where and who are these people? Never heard of them!

I know some English people that claim to not support England because the team is shit, but they are the same types that support Liverpool because they won the league last year and therefore don't count.

Some people just don't like football, nothing to do with hating England.

2 hours ago, mozo said:

'Tiger Tim', 'Henman Hill', his little fist pump and posh ladies shouting 'come on, Tim in between points...for some reason all of that really irritated me!

I don't like Murray either. Actually, I don't think I like Tennis...

That's something I can get on board with. The ******* annual wankathon just because it's Wimbledon, almost no-one in this country plays tennis.

Anyway, back on topic...I just hope that England's success or otherwise helps bind us together again, it's been a difficult few months, which followed a difficult few years.

If a few idiots want to use it to enhance their pathetic self-worth, so be it. The rest of us should just enjoy a bit of success.

However, some of the vitriol on here aimed at the OP is unpleasant and unnecessary.

2 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Where and who are these people? Never heard of them!

I know some English people that claim to not support England because the team is shit, but they are the same types that support Liverpool because they won the league last year and therefore don't count.

Some people just don't like football, nothing to do with hating England.

You really expect me to post names and addresses on here?

oh my days 

On 04/07/2021 at 17:24, 1team said:

Am I the only one who is hoping Gerland don't win this. It will be the perfect excuse for chest pumping xenophobic brexiteers to tell us how fantastic Gerland is and how s**t Europe is. Depressing.

England has been denied the voice it deserves by elites who would rather Englishness didn't exist (telegraph.co.uk)

45 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

You really expect me to post names and addresses on here?

oh my days 

No, it's just you claimed as a fact that there are English people that hate England and that the football team epitomise everything they despise (Englishness I suppose?) - I'm just not convinced these people exist and have certainly never met one.

Archived