36. Alex Scott
37. Tommy Conway
40. Louis Britton
42. Han-Noah Massengo
45. Kasey Palmer  
46. Saikou Janneh

Come in Number 7

6 minutes ago, Taz said:

Number 7 currently vacant, with a striker due (hopefully). 

What strikers currently wear 7? :bonkers:

7 isn't a striker number. 

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone slightly surprised that King has taken 10? Is that a thing for him? Didn't think he played the 10 role?

It's almost like it's not the 1970s anymore. 

Even with our mass departures, that's still a squad of 34 by my count.

Obviously some will go on loan. Know the 13 shirt was vacant but still wonder if fact Wiles-Richards has it means he is sticking around as 3rd choice (guess someone needs to!)

Similarly guessing Bakinson and Pring are very much part of our plans next year. Cundy part of the squad too, I reckon. 

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Obviously some will go on loan. Know the 13 shirt was vacant but still wonder if fact Wiles-Richards has it means he is sticking around as 3rd choice (guess someone needs to!)

Similarly guessing Bakinson and Pring are very much part of our plans next year. Cundy part of the squad too, I reckon. 

It is planned for most of the younger and/or Academy products to be staying with the First Team squad, less of them being loaned out than perhaps many think.

More likely higher earning senior squad players going on season long loans - IMO.

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Would expect Wiles-Richards to play for the U23s when he can, so makes a lot of sense for him to do so with Wollacott now gone.

It is a large number but does effectively include the majority of our U23 squad, around a dozen of these can be classed as that, leaving us with a logical 22 or so.

22 minutes ago, Taz said:

Number 7 currently vacant, with a striker due (hopefully). 

What strikers currently wear 7? :bonkers:

isnt it normally lucky 7s, seeing as we have a 13, perhaps we binned 7 as the unlucky one. who was 7 before?? maybe a new deal possible??

19 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Anyone slightly surprised that King has taken 10? Is that a thing for him? Didn't think he played the 10 role?

He will vacate that when Messi arrives.

11 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

isnt it normally lucky 7s, seeing as we have a 13, perhaps we binned 7 as the unlucky one. who was 7 before?? maybe a new deal possible??

Was Martin, it says he gave up 7 for 9, suggesting we have a new number 7 joining in my opinion.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Would expect Wiles-Richards to play for the U23s when he can, so makes a lot of sense for him to do so with Wollacott now gone.

It is a large number but does effectively include the majority of our U23 squad, around a dozen of these can be classed as that, leaving us with a logical 22 or so.

Yeah - I guess I mostly meant it was a large number in the sense that I think there are still a few posters who think we're going to be signing more than the five players the club have spoken publicly about and it shows the reason why we probably won't. I agree that it will effectively be 22 - 24 players with U23s around to provide emergency cover (or to make a case to break through to the first team). 

Just now, Selred said:

Was Martin, it says he gave up 7 for 9, suggesting we have a new number 7 joining in my opinion.

Or that he really wanted to bag the 9 shirt now Fammy has gone...

9 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Baker's was just one to note for me, having been here last season and not retaining his number with James taking it

This may seem an odd observation, but he wore 17 during his loan season with us.

I wonder if it is therefore a small part of a psychological change?
Seeing this as a fresh start? If he is superstitious then wearing 6 certainly did him no favours last season..

Archived