IGNORED

Full stadiums from 19th July

Unan

9 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Boris set to announce full stadiums allowed from July 19th without need for social distancing or mask wearing.

I would hold your horses. I would be really surprised if they went from zero to full capacity straight away. 

National restrictions are being lifted but I think local authorities will be responsible for  things like AG capacity along with the football league etc.

Anyone with a child currently self isolating (which is basically everyone I know) realises this would be madness.

So seeing as that **** completely ignored the risk from India & infection rates are rocketing in Bristol & rising higher in England than in Europe, that is par for the course.

40 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Anyone with a child currently self isolating (which is basically everyone I know) realises this would be madness.

So seeing as that **** completely ignored the risk from India & infection rates are rocketing in Bristol & rising higher in England than in Europe, that is par for the course.

It was never about stopping people from getting it, it was always about stopping the NHS from being overrun and the political consequences of having people dying in corridors would have. Infection rates are up but due to the vaccine the number of hospital admissions is way down so no need to lock down. 

Good news - down to personal choice whether people are happy to attend or not, or whether they continue to wear a mask if they do.

If you've been double jabbed there should be little to worry about, presuming they work as well as we've been told.

26 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I thought the Euros games at Wembley were meant to be “pilots”. Given that they haven’t finished yet I’d be surprised if they’re drawing any conclusions yet. 

ha ha. "Pilot" is just another way of saying "this will happen once we've ironed out the wrinkles"

26 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I thought the Euros games at Wembley were meant to be “pilots”. Given that they haven’t finished yet I’d be surprised if they’re drawing any conclusions yet. 

Lots of test events prior to the Euros, outdoor and indoor, including full capacity at the Crucible.

1 minute ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

ha ha. "Pilot" is just another way of saying "this will happen once we've ironed out the wrinkles"

Or in this case “this is the only way we can make sure the final doesn’t get moved by UEFA”. Yes, agree, it was said a bit tongue in cheek and I don’t believe they are genuine about it being a pilot. 

5 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Was the crucible before the delta variant arrived in full force? Genuinely can’t remember. 

I don't know, but Crucible final was a couple of months ago.

Not sure exactly when the Indian variant took off here.

59 minutes ago, Pezo said:

It was never about stopping people from getting it, it was always about stopping the NHS from being overrun and the political consequences of having people dying in corridors would have. Infection rates are up but due to the vaccine the number of hospital admissions is way down so no need to lock down. 

Time will tell

Time to kill off the stupid football rule of no drinking in sight of the pitch. Reduce pressure on crowded concourses, less chance of infection spreading, and generally be treated like adults like in other sports

2 minutes ago, phantom said:

That's wishful thinking after recent seasons 

Aye but with the new regime, sort of new look squad and the inability to watch live football in person for 18 months, maybe that could help. Likely case is full crowd for first 3 games then normal service resumes ?

50 minutes ago, Dredd said:

Time to kill off the stupid football rule of no drinking in sight of the pitch. Reduce pressure on crowded concourses, less chance of infection spreading, and generally be treated like adults like in other sports

I'd be happy with that apart from possibly getting showered with beer every time city scored. (I know that's not often) Where did the idea of wasting good ale come from anyway?

2 minutes ago, marmite said:

I'd be happy with that apart from possibly getting showered with beer every time city scored. (I know that's not often) Where did the idea of wasting good ale come from anyway?

In the real world (ie not at a fan zone) I don’t think that happens too often. Certainly not at the rugby. It’s too precious to waste!

Archived