IGNORED

Full stadiums from 19th July

Unan

Can not wait for the 1st game had'nt realised how much i've missed the ground,the smell, the atmosphere the songs, arguing with my dad about the game, speaking to my grandad about the game, city for me has always been my place to just for 3hrs on a saturday ( or night ) forget about my problems or stresses in my week, hopefully people do feel safe enough to pack the gate and get behind the boys and have a succesful season. 

City v Blackpool will be amazing…would not like to say which way it will go crowd attendance wise… will it be  a monster crowd as we celebrate we are back…or will fans be cautious and stay away… nervous about the guy next to you, behind you ..will you need evidence you have been vaccinated… still balls in the air I reckon.

• Admin
4 hours ago, miser said:

Boris dithering, gonna make a decision next week.

Nothing to do with Boris 

You are referring to parliament voting it through next Monday 

4 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

ha ha. "Pilot" is just another way of saying "this will happen once we've ironed out the wrinkles"

Not seen written anywhere else but confirmed only 8 people from 30,000 who attended the initial test events at Wembley tested positive after attending 

34 minutes ago, phantom said:

Nothing to do with Boris 

You are referring to parliament voting it through next Monday 

Not seen written anywhere else but confirmed only 8 people from 30,000 who attended the initial test events at Wembley tested positive after attending 

Problem with the test events was that after the events being tested wasn’t compulsory only voluntary and the majority of people didn’t get tested. So it is hard to work out what the actual rates were. I believe around 400 Scotland fans who were in Wembley tested positive for Covid. 

Think it all depends on what figures the authorities are releasing and making known.

Went to the Germany game last week where covid security was allegedly rock solid, with everyone double jabbed or LFT negative. Still got ‘pinged’ by the app and now self- isolating. Half the children at my wife’s school are self isolating. In a fortnight I’ll get the instruction to return to the office in central London, which means 1 hour on a train packed with 1000 plus passengers 10 times a week. Just can’t escape the feeling that this is all going to go tits up.

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Great to see full grounds on the horizon again.

More for the Covid thread really but the link between Cases and deaths absolutely seems to be dropping, have dropped. Vaccine Passports or at least Proof of LFT for mass events maybe?

LFT?

• Admin
7 hours ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Problem with the test events was that after the events being tested wasn’t compulsory only voluntary and the majority of people didn’t get tested. So it is hard to work out what the actual rates were. I believe around 400 Scotland fans who were in Wembley tested positive for Covid. 

Only according to Nicola Sturgeon 

14 hours ago, Pezo said:

It was never about stopping people from getting it, it was always about stopping the NHS from being overrun and the political consequences of having people dying in corridors would have. Infection rates are up but due to the vaccine the number of hospital admissions is way down so no need to lock down. 

Hospital admissions & those needing ITU beds is 'oh so slowly creeping up....

It's the link with deaths that appears to have been broken?

1 hour ago, phantom said:

According to people who went and tested positive and said where they have been. If you don’t say where you have been then you can’t be traced. The 400 are people who have actually admitted they were at Wembley.

No conspiracy actual information given to Track and trace in Scotland. All in the public domain and easily found online.

Good stadiums are being opened but according to Whitty yesterday some kind of social distancing was adviced to the Government and Boris has ignored that advice. So he isn’t following the Science he has taken a huge gamble.

maybe it's because I'm older and maybe because Ive spent so long working from home and having zero social life for over 12 months, but to be honest, I'm in absolutely no rush to go back out into a crowd. Will I be a AG for Blackpool? Maybe, but probably not. I'll join a crowd when I'm convinced I'll be safe and not just because I miss the flavour, the smell, the atmosphere etc.  To add fuel to that fire Coronavirus news - live: Third wave may hit India as early as August, new report says (msn.com)

8 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Went to the Germany game last week where covid security was allegedly rock solid, with everyone double jabbed or LFT negative. Still got ‘pinged’ by the app and now self- isolating. Half the children at my wife’s school are self isolating. In a fortnight I’ll get the instruction to return to the office in central London, which means 1 hour on a train packed with 1000 plus passengers 10 times a week. Just can’t escape the feeling that this is all going to go tits up.

Anyone who still has that track and trace app will definitely had a ping. 

Got rid of it ages ago, i got a ping because someone in the level below where I live caught it and it showed me as being a close contact despite me never having been in contact with them. 

3 hours ago, phantom said:

Yeah and looking at Scotland’s Covid figures, there were probably 400 infected Scots on the trains leaving Scotland and coming down to London, not catching it at Wembley and taking it home.

• Admin
31 minutes ago, BrizzleRed said:

Yeah and looking at Scotland’s Covid figures, there were probably 400 infected Scots on the trains leaving Scotland and coming down to London, not catching it at Wembley and taking it home.

Exactly this above

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

According to people who went and tested positive and said where they have been. If you don’t say where you have been then you can’t be traced. The 400 are people who have actually admitted they were at Wembley.

No conspiracy actual information given to Track and trace in Scotland. All in the public domain and easily found online.

Good stadiums are being opened but according to Whitty yesterday some kind of social distancing was adviced to the Government and Boris has ignored that advice. So he isn’t following the Science he has taken a huge gamble.

35 minutes ago, phantom said:

Exactly this above

So you are saying every single person who said they were at Wembley and were Scottish and caught Covid didn’t catch it in London but had it already. 

I think you may need to read the information available and the dates these people tested positive. 

If what has been said today is going to happen 100000 people a day will be testing positive (Sajid Javid) in a few weeks there is no way I am going anywhere near a concourse or sitting next to anyone at a football match.

He is basically saying at least 1 in 50 of us will have it and in a crowd of 20000 that is 400 people sat there spreading it. Think I will wait until it is a lot safer to go.

5 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

He is basically saying at least 1 in 50 of us will have it and in a crowd of 20000 that is 400 people sat there spreading it. Think I will wait until it is a lot safer to go.

I dont think you will be alone there. Im gonna see how things play out for a bit before coming back

7 hours ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

maybe it's because I'm older and maybe because Ive spent so long working from home and having zero social life for over 12 months, but to be honest, I'm in absolutely no rush to go back out into a crowd. Will I be a AG for Blackpool? Maybe, but probably not. I'll join a crowd when I'm convinced I'll be safe and not just because I miss the flavour, the smell, the atmosphere etc.  To add fuel to that fire Coronavirus news - live: Third wave may hit India as early as August, new report says (msn.com)

Sadly I am with you.

i have been double jabbed but am going to be holding back from AG (god I really, really  want to) but something is ringing in my head that this is all going to backfire massively for Boris and friends.

Undecided on attending but I don't have a problem with anyone's decision either way. Especially the young who have had most of the things they enjoy about their lives completely decimated over 18 months and especially the old who will still be worried about the consequences of being exposed in a large crowd. 

I hope we can all treat others personal decisions with respect and whether people are wearing masks, going to events etc doesn't turn into or is viewed as some sort of political standpoint. 

1 hour ago, boatman said:

Sadly I am with you.

i have been double jabbed but am going to be holding back from AG (god I really, really  want to) but something is ringing in my head that this is all going to backfire massively for Boris and friends.

Your choice, and no doubt many will agree.

Covid is here forever, the govt. have to open up and get the country and economy moving again at some stage.

Boris had made absolutely the correct decision afaic. but as ever it is individual choice whether to attend large scale events such as football matches.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Your choice, and no doubt many will agree.

Covid is here forever, the govt. have to open up and get the country and economy moving again at some stage.

Boris had made absolutely the correct decision afaic. but as ever it is individual choice whether to attend large scale events such as football matches.

100% agree with you

We are nearing a point where deaths are very low, and considering the number of people sadly lost over the past months, possibly won't get any better

Clearly some people won't want to interact with people, but others will be there as soon as possible

Selling over 13,000 season tickets thought suggests many are itching to get back to watching games

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Sky sports just said Premier league looking at people having 2 jabs and negative test to attend. As they want full grounds all season. Developing story 

Will be interesting how they enforce it as it will no longer be a legal requirement - can't imagine it happening

2 hours ago, boatman said:

Sadly I am with you.

Why? Don't you think your vaccine works? Are you ever going to go out again, as Covid is here for the rest of our lives?

30 minutes ago, phantom said:

Will be interesting how they enforce it as it will no longer be a legal requirement - can't imagine it happening

Whilst the government won’t ask for it. Apparently it’s down to the individual businesses. Who can implement it. Apparently. But could be wrong hopefully some sort of statement will be released soon as football start in 5 weeks

Archived