IGNORED

Changes in the EFL Board

Davefevs

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Two of them huge conflicts of interest currently, the other got “relegated” ?

Shame for Ipswich they don't have their man at the top table, given Ashton being on the EFL Board was such a huge benefit to us, according to Steve.

Though he failed to specify quite what that benefit was no doubt we will miss it badly. Or possibly not.

30 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I always thought that the EFL was where that nice Mr Ashton’s ambitions were unless, of course, we had got promoted. Interesting that he he has ‘resigned’. I wonder if a certain club owner had any ‘influence’ on that.

Would imagine it’s a simple case of him no longer being at a Championship club.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Would imagine it’s a simple case of him no longer being at a Championship club.

Yep.

I think Howe's term limit had also expired, I read somewhere.

All change then- I suggest the Barnsley, Luton and I dunno pick a club- a while ago Risdale (gasp- no!?) and Scholes of Stoke were linked but seems there are 3 vacancies.

Hopefully it will be from Clubs who are hot on FFP as opposed to not.

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Two of them huge conflicts of interest currently, the other got “relegated” ?

He's [Ashton] in good company - NOT!!  Howe [formerly Reading] and Pearce are hardly exemplars in how to run a football club on a financial perspective.

My view on Ashton is that he's mugged off this club for the past 12 months since his head was turned by Ipswich - I predict either he or Paul Cook will be gone from Portman Road within 12 months!!!

4 minutes ago, headhunter said:

He's [Ashton] in good company - NOT!!  Howe [formerly Reading] and Pearce are hardly exemplars in how to run a football club on a financial perspective.

My view on Ashton is that he's mugged off this club for the past 12 months since his head was turned by Ipswich - I predict either he or Paul Cook will be gone from Portman Road within 12 months!!!

So far, so good though- I've taken a look at Ipswich's signings this summer and for that level especially, some of them probably capable at Championship level too, looks very decent! That said, new takeover, Cook- bigger fish in smaller pond.

Might have a tweaked remit set against here too...

1 hour ago, ScottishRed said:

I always thought that the EFL was where that nice Mr Ashton’s ambitions were unless, of course, we had got promoted. Interesting that he he has ‘resigned’. I wonder if a certain club owner had any ‘influence’ on that.

To be honest, how can they be "fine and proper" examples of people in their position, whilst someone (who shall remain nameless for this point) can oversee the sale of one club, whilst being "in charge" of another.

Reeks of hypocrisy before you even start looking at the finer points of the past 12 months for both clubs involved.

The board is constituted of 3 champ representatives, 2 league one and 1 league 2. The current L1 reps are Jez Moxey and AN Other. Ashton, unless he wanted to challenge one of those, had no option but to resign as he’s not at a champ club anymore so lost his place by default.

Archived