IGNORED

Semi Final #1 - Italy v. Spain Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Is it me or are some people going a bit over the top, I’m seeing the game described as one of the best ever!!! It was a good game but lets not get carried away ??

It wasn’t even in the best three of the tournament.

I felt Spain would be vulnerable to crosses in the air, which is the way we scored three of our four against Ukraine. Italy will soak those up all night. I would've preferred Spain as I thought Italy were the team to beat right from their first game. 

Will be exciting though to see what happens if we win tomorrow. 

Italy will have more of the ball against England (Should we win) so it would be a completely different type of game, I have Italy as favourites whoever wins tomorrow night. Yes Spain played better on the night but they still are weak in attack, not convinced Italy are the easier team to play on balance, think Italy in the final will be more entertaining so pleased its them for that reason at least.

17 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Is it me or are some people going a bit over the top, I’m seeing the game described as one of the best ever!!! It was a good game but lets not get carried away ??

I just walked back from the chippy thinking that was one of the best games I’ve ever seen

16 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Jesus beat Denmark first before you decide who you prefer to beat in the final or who you will enjoy playing more

You do realise we're just debating on a fans forum. To my knowledge, none of the posters on the forum are playing in the game tomorrow. What's the point in watching football if you can't dream?

6 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

I just walked back from the chippy thinking that was one of the best games I’ve ever seen

Is it the one where the guy who thinks he’s Elvis works?

I thought it was a really great game of football. Level of skill and ability was incredibly high and it seemed to go one way then the other.

At start of game I would have wanted to avoid Italy but as game went on Spain seemed to get stronger so maybe momentum was with them until they made a crazy error in letting Morata take another pen. Either way it won't mean anything if we can't get by Denmark in what is a very tough game.

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Not in 1970 they didn't. Or in 1990. Or 1994. Or the Euro semi in '88. 1974 and '78 same. 1997 v England, another. And not at Ayersome Park in 1966, although you might say that wasn't a big game tbf. 

Yeah imagine if we had won a couple of those games and been able to add to our 4 world cups and one euro championship…never forgiven Baggio!!!

58 minutes ago, Rob k said:

Yeah I'm a bit confused by it all. It was a good game, won't be the most memorable out of the Tournament by a long way though.

35 minutes ago, Coppello said:

You do realise we're just debating on a fans forum. To my knowledge, none of the posters on the forum are playing in the game tomorrow. What's the point in watching football if you can't dream?

I would have preferred the Manager had told me and not find out on the forum.

52 minutes ago, reddoh said:

I would have preferred the Manager had told me and not find out on the forum.

You mean you didn't get the text message from Gareth?

Really interesting game. I think Spain could've won that if they still had a forward of the calibre of Torres or David Villa. 

If England get to the final then there's lots to exploit. I actually felt Italy looked a little sloppy and not nearly as potent as I was expecting.

Stylistically they're not that dissimilar to us - but with a little more gamesmanship and experience. 

I think they're definitely beatable though. Our pace and variety in attack should worry them and unlike Spain we have a world class forward who would've taken lots of the chances that fell to Oyarzabal. 

Really enjoyable game though. Let's hope tonight's is a little less tense. 

Best game of the entire tournament ,IMHO, two incredibly gifted teams, with fantastic technical levels of skill, and who were very well matched.  If Spain had Harry Kane, they would win the tournament? They have everything, except finishing.  Italy are so organised and full of character, and

Chilelini is such a brilliant leader & personality, like a big happy kid!!  If Engerland can   get to the final and beat this Italian team, who are now 33 games unbeaten, then it would be an amazing achievement.  They have the best two defences in the tournament, so it will be so tight? I had my bet

on Italy at the beginning of the Championship, at odds of 15/2, so I am obviously pleased they are in the final...............but if Engerland do beat the Danes as expected, then I think I will be definitely having a saver on them   ? ?         

10 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It wasn’t even in the best three of the tournament.

What tournament have you been watching?....It was one of the best games I have seen in any tournament.  I guess you must like lots of goals, rather than lots of skill?

Archived