IGNORED

Opening up the stadium for the final

Finding it very hard to find any decent locations to watch the Euros over this tournament.

Now covid restrictions are becoming more relaxed is there any hope the club may consider opening the stadium to show the game to fans in the stand on or on the pitch via the 2 massive underused monitors in the ground?

I seem to remember city doing similar for Johnstone paint semi finals against Rovers and Play off games against Cardiff back in the day, why would they not consider it for the first England major final since 1966 🤷‍♂️ Fans in Bristol need somewhere atmospheric to experience this game!

I think pressure must be applied on the club to accommodate this it’s been no where near the same atmosphere at the majority of games this tournament, something special required and our club has the means to achieve this IMO !!!

Sort it Lansdown please 

Seating on the pitch with a big tv socially distanced 

If you can hold these types of events for Elton John and the Spice Girls then ffs we should expect it for HUGE football matches!!!!

Edited by lukebcfc1989
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Finding it very hard to find any decent locations to watch the Euros over this tournament.

Now covid restrictions are becoming more relaxed is there any hope the club may consider opening the stadium to show the game to fans in the stand on or on the pitch via the 2 massive underused monitors in the ground?

I seem to remember city doing similar for Johnstone paint semi finals against Rovers and Play off games against Cardiff back in the day, why would they not consider it for the first England major final since 1966 🤷‍♂️ Fans in Bristol need somewhere atmospheric to experience this game!

I think pressure must be applied on the club to accommodate this it’s been no where near the same atmosphere at the majority of games this tournament, something special required and our club has the means to achieve this IMO !!!

Sort it Lansdown please 

If you can hold these types of events for Elton John and the Spice Girls then ffs we should expect it for HUGE football matches!!!!

Yeah that won’t happen. Cheers though 

28 minutes ago, Super said:

Its being used as a vaccine centre.

And the Russell Howard gig or is his run finished by the time the final is played. I know he's there most of this week.

Edited by BigTone

32 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Sort it Lansdown please 

we could hold those type of events because there wasnt a flipping pandemic going on....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Sort it Lansdown please 

If the pitch isn't fit enough to host Celtic in a pre season game, then I very much doubt they will entertain you and your deckchair.

9 minutes ago, weepywall said:

All those things you mentioned...Spice Girls, play offs etc...don't think we were amongst a world wide pandemic then were we ?

That wasn’t my point, the point was if we can open up for those events then surley could for the football, there wasn’t a pandemic in the World Cup was there but we had to make due with a car park…..🤷‍♂️
but your opportunist passive aggressiveness is appreciated 👌

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

If the pitch isn't fit enough to host Celtic in a pre season game, then I very much doubt they will entertain you and your deckchair.

Another one 😂😂 have I offended you ?

image.png

16 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And the Russell Howard gig 

👀 exactly…

4 hours ago, MarcusX said:

There aren’t any restrictions being relaxed yet so nothing will change

Cant imagine it would the best viewing experience from the stands on those monitors would it?

Argyle have been showing all the England games on giant screens infront of their home end.

Socially distanced and decent crowds attending 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Argyle have been showing all the England games on giant screens infront of their home end.

Socially distanced and decent crowds attending 

That sounds decent, but sitting in the ground watching on the screens that already exist just seems like it’d be a bit shit as you’re so far away from them

13 hours ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Sort it Lansdown please 

We’re not in the final yet are we?!

13 hours ago, Super said:

Its being used as a vaccine centre.

It sure is - although rugby games went ahead with spectators in the stadium as far back as May this year whilst vaccinating continued. Anyway, there’s no point in putting further pressure on the vaccination team by opening up just to televise a game or two 

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

You took the words right out my mouth 

3 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

We’re not in the final yet are we?!

I think it goes without saying that people are asking these questions with that factored in. It is really difficult to find places to watch the games at the moment. Nearly everywhere fully booked in town so I can see why people are trying to plan ahead. 

Sort it Lansdown please 

You could get together with some mates to watch it?

🤦‍♂️

That wasn’t my point, the point was if we can open up for those events then surley could for the football, there wasn’t a pandemic in the World Cup was there but we had to make due with a car park…..🤷‍♂️
but your opportunist passive aggressiveness is appreciated 👌

God you people are abit knobish aren’t you , are you this funny in person? 

Another one 😂😂 have I offended you ?

image.png

👀 exactly…

12 hours ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

Thanks for this mate gives me great pleasure proving smart ass idiots wrong 😂😂😂😂

Oh, you probably don't have any...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Ok sorry for any offense I may have caused on here for trying to rally an atmospheric venue for groups of friends to gather and enjoy, the majority of venues have no music licenses and a dead vibe before kick off.

I was of the thinking someone commercially within the club may have read the suggestion and taken consideration on it should enough people been positive.

Thanks to those who provided the example of Plymouth Argyle who have been doing exactly the same as I have suggested proving wrong those who have in a very aggressive way tried to portray the suggestion as idiotic in this thread. You obviously have a very unhappy home life and are venting I forgive you.

My intention was not too get in to a war of words with anyone.

Edited by lukebcfc1989
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nebristolred said:

I think it's a decent idea, and they're doing it after the Russell Howard show tonight apparently. Possibly a bit late for it to happen on the Sunday if we make it but the atmosphere would certainly be decent.

There aren't screens up for Russell Howard, I believe they are just using screens in the concourses?