IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Without his pace . He wouldn’t be a international player imo . Just don’t think he’s defensively minded enough & relies on his pace to get him out of trouble. 

But he has his pace so it's a weird point?

Kane without a leg wouldn't be an international player.

2 minutes ago, Selred said:

But he has his pace so it's a weird point?

Kane without a leg wouldn't be an international player.

Doesn’t make him a good defender does it . All defensive mistakes this tournament have come down his side 

If he plays Denmark will target him. I really don’t want to be on here saying I told you so 

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Doesn’t make him a good defender does it . All defensive mistakes this tournament have come down his side 

Well he was the main reason Muller missed his chance to make it 1:1. Without that pace we may not be playing tonight.

You need a mix of attributes at the back.

Just now, Selred said:

Well he was the main reason Muller missed his chance to make it 1:1. Without that pace we may not be playing tonight.

You need a mix of attributes at the back.

But he was out of position in the first place which he constantly is. I understand southgate wanting to play him in a three to cover behind stones & slab head, with trippier outside him. I don’t like him as a right back though . He gets exposed positionally 

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But he was out of position in the first place

No he wasn't. Sterling was in possession, so Walker and Maguire pushed up to support whilst we had the ball in the oppositions half. Walker was the only player available for a simple pass from Sterling. 

You don't win the Premier League, and are a Champions League finalist, under Pep is you're "constantly" out of position. Attacking fullbacks are there to take risks.

1 hour ago, Hampshire reds said:

as a fan of city for many many years. i am getting fed up with all the England and the Euros stuff on Tv. i want England to win but every time i turn on the tv all it is. its getting boring. Tv and radio is off until the KO. i know i sound boring. am i alone in this. waiting to get hammered for this comment 

Are you Scottish or Welsh?

In fairness if we win tonight then it's going to get a lot worse for you.

28 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If he plays Denmark will target him. I really don’t want to be on here saying I told you so 

I believe I'm right in saying we haven't conceded yet?

as a fan of city for many many years. i am getting fed up with all the England and the Euros stuff on Tv. i want England to win but every time i turn on the tv all it is. its getting boring. Tv and radio is off until the KO. i know i sound boring. am i alone in this. waiting to get hammered for this comment 

Why watch the TV until half an hour before the match? That’s guaranteed brain death. 

With all due respect, it comes across as odd way to live your life, particularly as you're a football fan. After the last year or so, isn't it enjoyable to have a bit of excitement? Political views are so polarised at the moment and the country is a mess but that largely gets forgotten in moments like this when the country is brought together. Just enjoy it, it could over today but it will be over at the weekend and the stories of doom and gloom will return to the news. 

How many TV and radio channels are there - dozens / hundreds?  They don’t all have football. Have you ever considered changing channels?  It’s not difficult. You just turn a knob or press a button. 

2 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

No pleasing some people , bloody hell ????

Fed up of it but starts a thread on it. Fair play. ?

7 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Wow mate you’re hard work ? you contradict yourself by saying Walker is rubbish then this. ? I never said we had conceded did I ? I said he’s our weakest defensive link . Which imo he is. Now if you don’t mind ?

Ringo Starr was the weakest musician in the Beatles, doesn't mean Octopus's Garden isn't a banger....

It'll be over by tonight/Sunday. 

I think you're just nervous about tonight…:englandsmile4wf:

Archived