IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

Its that bloody story AGAIN!

How England's Euro 2020 hero Harry Maguire came so close to becoming a Bristol City player - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Next. How Kevin Keegan nearly joined City, followed by Bert Trautmann, Mark McGhee, The Duke of Wellington, Eleanor Roosevelt and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch and the cast of Andrew Lloyd Webber's socially distanced Cinderella.

40 minutes ago, Gazred said:

Saka the only change for tonight say the press.

Made me wonder which RW we've had that Walker has linked up the best with. IMO it's when Sterling has switched to the right side and Saka second. 

I feel like Sancho just did his own thing, don't remember a great deal of linking up with Walker.  

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

It's all a bit irrelevant because if he had joined us I highly doubt he'd be playing for England now

I'm sure he would. Quite a few of our players earned Premier League moves over the years after that summer. He might well have moved on from us quickly but I don't think Webster, Brownhill, Reid, Bryan, Kelly (or indeed Abraham on loan), would accuse us of holding back their career. 

He'd have got his chance in the Premier League and he'd have been good enough to push on and carve his own path to where he is now. 

47 minutes ago, Selred said:

Ringo Starr was the weakest musician in the Beatles, doesn't mean Octopus's Garden isn't a banger....

48 minutes ago, Selred said:

Ringo Starr was the weakest musician in the Beatles, doesn't mean Octopus's Garden isn't a banger....

What’s that got to do with the price of fish . 

30 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

How England's Euro 2020 hero Harry Maguire came so close to becoming a Bristol City player - Bristol Live (bristolpost.co.uk)

Next. How Kevin Keegan nearly joined City, followed by Bert Trautmann, Mark McGhee, The Duke of Wellington, Eleanor Roosevelt and Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Titch and the cast of Andrew Lloyd Webber's socially distanced Cinderella.

Most of those are correct, except Dozy turned us down for the Gas.

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I never said he was . Best to read posts properly 

Ah my mistake. I thought when you said "Doesn’t make him a good defender does it" you meant he wasn't a good defender. 

12 minutes ago, Selred said:

Ah my mistake. I thought when you said "Doesn’t make him a good defender does it" you meant he wasn't a good defender. 

My apologies for getting a bit snappy in a way. Just seems like I’ve had to reword the same post a few times. 
In essence . Obviously walkers a very good player. I just think at the very highest level he can be targeted . Imo his pace gets him out of trouble as apposed to his positional sense. Just think trippier is a better all round defender & is better on the ball. Few suggestions he’s been carrying a knock though. 
Really hope walker has a blinder tonight though . I certainly don’t want to be proved right . 

2 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

They played for us last season...

Archived