IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

29 minutes ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

So much bitterness against England for winning the game by cheating. Literally we had double the shots on them, outplayed them, every stat we were on top for.

Soooo many nations have cheated their way to finals..the hand of god is the historic one that sticks in my mind but there have been plenty of others. It’s pure jealousy - we are there on merit end of!

7 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Agree we've deserved the lead, but if I want to criticise other players who dive or feign injuries (gestures towards half the Italy squad), I won't be hypocritical and ignore when an England player does it.

Don’t disagree.

Nobody said you couldn’t.

3 hours ago, bris red said:

Soooo many nations have cheated their way to finals..the hand of god is the historic one that sticks in my mind but there have been plenty of others. It’s pure jealousy - we are there on merit end of!

Correct.

An Italy v England final seems quite fair after 3 weeks of football.

I thought Spain came good in the end, but if you are being rational and objective you can have no complaints about these 2 making it.

Haters gon hate. 

4 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

So much bitterness against England for winning the game by cheating. Literally we had double the shots on them, outplayed them, every stat we were on top for.

They can be as bitter as they like. One of their pub teams scraped a point against us when we were terrible, the other got absolutely outclassed for 90 minutes and tonked by Denmark.

Let ‘em cry.

4 hours ago, bris red said:

We have been on the end of bad decisions over the years! I couldnt care less.

5 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Nobody is slipping on an icy pavement anytime soon. So many salty tears we’ve got enough to grit the roads for decades 

12 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Poor old Scotland.

Believe it it not I’ll always get behind the home nations at these tournaments, but I felt sorry for them. A toss up between them and Turkey for worst side at the Euros.

Not for me, the Scots and Welsh have publically shown their true colours on social media. A few other nations like Ireland joining in too. They hate the fact we've got to the final so much that it is actually funny to see...................it's not all of them who are incredibly salty, to provide balance, just 99.94% of them. I personally hope they don't qualify for another competition. They both stank it right out anyway...........winning one game in seven between the pair of them.

It was a soft penalty but I've seen worse given. As mentioned, England deserved the game and I also think the foul on Kane in the 2nd half was close to a penalty as well.

I'm not sure I agree with people saying the free kick for their goal wasn't a foul though. They've set up for runners into the box and Shaw has clearly held back one of their key runners.

I’m on a 5 a side WhatsApp group with a load of Irish. As soon as England lose in anything the memes come flooding in depending on which country have beaten us. always makes me wonder how many random memes there are that have never been used, like all the Ukraine ones ready for the last round, Danish ones from last night etc. 
Our provincial cousins will be spending the entire week getting Italy memes ready on their mum’s computer

9 hours ago, TRL said:

Can't agree, first time I can remember in my 47 years where we look like we can play football rather than just hoof and run merchants of the past.

I agree it probably was not great watching for the neutral, but for a England team to be able to pass and trap a ball is something of a bonus,add to that not leaking goals and creating I'd say we look good, but not great. I so wonder how you think our teams of the last 20 to 30 years look better. In my mind they have looked poor for years.

But good to hear a neutals view so keep posting. For once we look like a European team I.e. can pass, can control and can go down and I've for decent game management 

We play like a German side . They have stunk out many competitions but know how to win.

I am happy with that. If City do the same then I am on board. 

Well done to Gareth, the staff and players.

25 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

We play like a German side . They have stunk out many competitions but know how to win.

I am happy with that. If City do the same then I am on board. 

Well done to Gareth, the staff and players.

As a couple of others have said, you can say what you like about the way Southgate goes about things BUT England have finally got with the project when it comes to tournament football and the rest of the football world know it. We now know how to win big games. That 90 seconds of keep ball at the end of extra time last night was something none have us have ever seen from an England team, pure and beautifully controlled shithousery that in past years we just never had in our locker. If that was Spain we would have been waxing lyrical about how the control and manipulation of the football they learn from the age of 6 was used to devastating effect in order to see out a game.

I'm glad Gary Neville called England out last night properly "these lads aren't nearly lads like we were, they've gone and done it".........so true and there are quite a few ex-England pundits who are very uncomfortable admitting it.

I’m 50. I remember every tournament from 1982 onwards . I want to win this for every fan my age & older that’s gone through all the shit. However. I want to win it even more to shut those Celtic ******* ******* up. The jocks & the Welsh **** the lot of them . Absolute cockwombles the lot of them . International gasheads. 

Just now, CyderInACan said:

That's made me chuckle 

They are though ? they’re exactly the same ? 

saying that . I’ve got a mate with a massive garden & we’ve watched every game there . One of the lads has been a very good mate & a top lad for over 30 years & he’s as gas as you can get . But it’s been brilliant to watch & celebrate with him . 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m 50. I remember every tournament from 1982 onwards . I want to win this for every fan my age & older that’s gone through all the shit. However. I want to win it even more to shut those Celtic ******* ******* up. The jocks & the Welsh **** the lot of them . Absolute cockwombles the lot of them . International gasheads. 

Can't think of a better description tbh.

40 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Especially the celtic *****! Absolutely vile breed of human beings those lot.. some of the shite of read on celtic forums this morning is sickening - wishing death on our fans and hoping wembley collapsed last night! As you said lets win it sunday to shut them and every other anti-english racist bigoted *** up!!!

11 hours ago, Atticus said:

Just shows he doesnt trust Grealish. AT all. Unless he maybe goes to a bigger club, I cant see Grealish ever playing unless we need a goal. 

Only mistake Southgate made. Grealish makes things happen. He holds the ball tight and defenders can't get it. They get frustrated and foul him. He has the ability to get past players and can cross with both feet. He's also upped his work rate. Creates more than Sterling who tends to run into dead ends. Yes I know he has scored but Grealish sets them up for Kane. Should start games. 

25 minutes ago, bris red said:

Especially the celtic *****! Absolutely vile breed of human beings those lot.. some of the shite of read on celtic forums this morning is sickening - wishing death on our fans and hoping wembley collapsed last night! As you said lets win it sunday to shut them and every other anti-english racist bigoted *** up!!!

You aren't wrong but that's what makes this all so funny and so sad at the same time. Grown adults venturing onto their favourite club's football forum to wish death on English football fans for their team winning a game of football (we all know there is a bit more to it than that). People should just have a think about that for a minute though.................

9 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I'm loving the saltiness from them, it's truly fantastic! It makes every win even better :D 

4 hours ago, Murraysrightplum said:

England have been the second best team in the tournament. Italy have been the best. Seems like a pretty fair final to me

Let's just hope those positions are reversed on Sunday though as we all know in football the best team does not always win.

Just now, pillred said:

Let's just hope those positions are reversed on Sunday though as we all know in football the best team does not always win.

The Italian Media have labelled us as "Zuppa Inglese" which literally translated means English Soup (a trifle like desert over there) but colloquially means "boring" apparently........and they said we had the ref on our side.

We've managed to piss off so many people over the last 12 or so hours that it has to be one of the best days ever to be alive...............

Archived