IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

4 hours ago, City oz said:

some what agree. However if a team has the comfort to conserve energy means that the opposing team are either saving there strength as well and sitting back or setting up a strategic ball game. could be but unlikely it is smart coaching or just a period of the game that some times happens when things settle down.

Sterling was full of energy and so he should be as he is paid well. More diving skills in the pool for sterling I think over the next couple of days. ?

And yet highly paid England players of the past couldn't last the pace. Why? I would suggest :

1. England teams of the past tended to try to play at 100 miles an hour because that was supposed to be the English way. We kept insisting that other teams couldn't cope with our physicality and yet they consistently did.

2. We haven't been good historically at keeping the ball, which meant we were having to chase around after opponents who could, expending unnecessary energy.

3. Our technical and tactical development of players was behind other major European teams. Capello reportedly reckoned England players didn't have the nous to play anything but 4-4-2. Now our players are more adaptable.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

And yet highly paid England players of the past couldn't last the pace. Why? I would suggest :

1. England teams of the past tended to try to play at 100 miles an hour because that was supposed to be the English way. We kept insisting that other teams couldn't cope with our physicality and yet they consistently did.

2. We haven't been good historically at keeping the ball, which meant we were having to chase around after opponents who could, expending unnecessary energy.

3. Our technical and tactical development of players was behind other major European teams. Capello reportedly reckoned England players didn't have the nous to play anything but 4-4-2. Now our players are more adaptable.

It might be an unpopular view but the Academy system is starting to bear fruit on a national level. Years of coaches not worried about winning an U12's game and sometimes even losing it by getting kids to try and do the "right" thing, teams playing out, scenario coaching to play your way out of tight situations, playing players in many different positions until they are 15/16, telling gobby parents who think they know better to either accept it or **** off etc. etc. When these kids go up to big boys football with the first team squad and you have technically AND tactically gifted foreigners alongside them they are no longer the "English kid that can't play but will do my running all day for me". It might not be perfect but you would have to be a fool not to see that our kids have improved by a ridiculous amount in the technical and tactical areas over the last 10-15 years.

When have you seen us keep the ball for 53 passes like we did at the end the other night? There would have been other coaches in other countries doing a double take there saying "that wasn't England that just did that was it?"........

On 09/07/2021 at 15:25, EmissionImpossible said:

Okay……if you do stumble across them. Please share. Many Thanks.

Can't remember where I saw them quoted, but they said that after decades of Englands "pure" football they no longer have the right to accuse others of cheating. Also had a go at the fact that England have played all games bar one at home (same as other host nations of course) and it looks like its being put on a plate for them.

Archived