IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

44 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

With Corbyn in charge? We'd be eating Mung beans and watching Nicaraguan folk dancing

You’ve been ‘whooshed” Sam. We had a Labour government in 1966 and the joke is that we will never win trophies under a Tory government.  ‘It’s a joke, that’s all 

Don't know what was more stressful, watching that 120 minutes against a tough, well-organized Danish side that gave everything, or listening to Sam Twatterface literally going out of his way whenever he could to jinx it.

Effing hell.

But anyway. Chuffed to bits. A day I never thought I'd see.

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The substitutions never worked for the Danes. While the youngster Damsgaard and the big guy Dohlberg were on the pitch they posed a threat but Poulsen was never in the game and England were comfortable. Never a pen, and Kane got lucky as Schmeichel's save of his poor effort squirmed back for him to tuck away the rebound but that's the way it goes sometimes. Need to up the game further now to beat the Italians. 

I just wish I could get excited as I do when I watch City. 

Agree with that. 
If I were a Dane I’d be upset with the subs. Taking the two forwards off was a mistake. 

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

This is the golden generation!

Interesting, you like at the defence you think bang average, you see the attack you think cracking  yet its our defence which has given us the platform to get here. 

Golden generation maybe, first time I have seen a England team where the whole team can control a football and do the basics correctly most definitely 

Just now, BCFC Richard said:

Sterling shades maybe as we won, Schmeichel was amazing though. Thought Walker not far behind either, had a great game.

I thought Phillips followed by sterling. Yorkshire pirlo had a cracking game 

Just now, TRL said:

I thought Phillips followed by sterling. Yorkshire pirlo had a cracking game 

Funny how opinions differ, I thought struggled tonight, played higher than he’s used to and let runners go. Anyway, it’s irrelevant as we won. ?

With the risk of being hated by some of you I will tell you my honest opinion as a England fan but neutral in the same time ( cause if Romania would be a good team for sure i will support then any day at Euros)

I wanted England to win since the tournament started but England never impressed me in any game. Is not because of the quality of the players but because of the coaches.

In the group stage England looked like some of Italy clone and I expected that to change but it didn't happen to be honest.

Yesterday I felt nice about the game and a bit sad for Spain, which was so unlucky. 

Today I was hoping for a nice game, instead the first half was terrible for me as a neutral fan (which wanted England to win). Second half the team tried a bit more but against a team like Denmark England should score but they couldn't. In the stoppage time that was not a penalty and Denmark played in 10 for 15 mins while England was wasting time.

The conclusion:

A pretty poor game judging the quality difference between players and their fitness. Premier League players get the best fitness probably in the entire world while some of the obscure Denmark players for sure dont. 

So, a 2-1 win from a questionable penalty and wasting time for 15 minutes against a drained team which played in 10 man. Everything happened with England playing at Home with 40k supporters.

Judging by the quality of football and the beauty of this game, the Final Italy vs England is for sure the ugliest one at this Tournament.

I hope for an England win but for sure will be a boring game. 

Once it went to extra time, only one winner for me. England bossed that, deserved to win, Denmark had nothing left. Still extra subs if we needed it.

We'll need to raise our game a level against Chiellini, Bonucci and co, but got to enjoy this evening, These nights don't come around that often. Well done England.

Archived