IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread

The substitutions never worked for the Danes. While the youngster Damsgaard and the big guy Dohlberg were on the pitch they posed a threat but Poulsen was never in the game and England were comfortable. Never a pen, and Kane got lucky as Schmeichel's save of his poor effort squirmed back for him to tuck away the rebound but that's the way it goes sometimes. Need to up the game further now to beat the Italians. 

I just wish I could get excited as I do when I watch City. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

I feel drained

Absolutely mentally exhausted.

In ET there was only one winner. Pen maybe a little soft, but we were well on top. Hats off to Denmark. Bit like Italy last night, they found a way.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

With Corbyn in charge? We'd be eating Mung beans and watching Nicaraguan folk dancing

You’ve been ‘whooshed” Sam. We had a Labour government in 1966 and the joke is that we will never win trophies under a Tory government.  ‘It’s a joke, that’s all 

• Like 3

Don't know what was more stressful, watching that 120 minutes against a tough, well-organized Danish side that gave everything, or listening to Sam Twatterface literally going out of his way whenever he could to jinx it.

Effing hell.

But anyway. Chuffed to bits. A day I never thought I'd see.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

The substitutions never worked for the Danes. While the youngster Damsgaard and the big guy Dohlberg were on the pitch they posed a threat but Poulsen was never in the game and England were comfortable. Never a pen, and Kane got lucky as Schmeichel's save of his poor effort squirmed back for him to tuck away the rebound but that's the way it goes sometimes. Need to up the game further now to beat the Italians. 

I just wish I could get excited as I do when I watch City. 

Agree with that. 
If I were a Dane I’d be upset with the subs. Taking the two forwards off was a mistake. 

• Like 1