Jump to content
IGNORED

Semi Final #2 - England v. Denmark Matchday Thread


Recommended Posts

41 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

 

 

Great to see the kids having some patriotic fun.

The small number of vile morons who criticised them for it on the school twitter account, forcing the school to briefly close it down, are just that - vile morons.

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Great to see the kids having some patriotic fun.

The small number of vile morons who criticised them for it on the school twitter account, forcing the school to briefly close it down, are just that - vile morons.

"mindless hooliganism"   :rofl2br:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I have my 1996 England shirt on.

It seems to have shrunk around the waistline??

So annoying when that happens, but could another possibility be a large expansion of your belly?

Just a thought. ;)

 

  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally wouldn’t have started Saka. Would’ve kept Sancho in. 
But hey, that’s just my opinion. Hopefully he has a great game and someone can quote me later as being an idiot. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Personally wouldn’t have started Saka. Would’ve kept Sancho in. 
But hey, that’s just my opinion. Hopefully he has a great game and someone can quote me later as being an idiot. 

Agree @Harrythought Sancho played well on Saturday and offered a real threat going forward. I guess Saka seen as prepared to track back more 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, daored said:

Agree @Harrythought Sancho played well on Saturday and offered a real threat going forward. I guess Saka seen as prepared to track back more 

And I think that’s what gets to some folks. We play with 2 DM’s but leave out wingers who don’t track back quite as much as another one. 
I think we should set up to be on the front foot in this game, rather than think about extra solidity. 
But again, hey, just my opinion and I’m not moaning or slagging anyone off, but no doubt someone will point out how wrong I am. 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Harry said:

And I think that’s what gets to some folks. We play with 2 DM’s but leave out wingers who don’t track back quite as much as another one. 
I think we should set up to be on the front foot in this game, rather than think about extra solidity. 
But again, hey, just my opinion and I’m not moaning or slagging anyone off, but no doubt someone will point out how wrong I am. 🤣

I agree with you , there 60k in that ground tonight - get on the front foot early

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Harry said:

Personally wouldn’t have started Saka. Would’ve kept Sancho in. 
But hey, that’s just my opinion. Hopefully he has a great game and someone can quote me later as being an idiot. 

Happy to see some criticism of the team selection. In my experience, whether it’s City or England, the more unhappy OTIB is with the team in that hour before KO, the better we do 😂

Enjoy the game!!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am incredibly confident. I think we are the better side, and other than things like:

...A player just putting them the wrong side of the post all night, a player scoring a worldie out of nowhere, defensive calamities, a goalkeeper being MotM, a goalie howler, somebody just going in late catching somebody and a red card, harsh handball penalties, one side just having plot armour, key players picking up an unlucky injury, tension getting to some, just glorious unforeseen random factors...

I see no way we lose...

The vast majority of teams that win a tournament have a crisis or two somewhere. Italy had one last night and somehow found a way. If something goes against us tonight hopefully we can too. No reason t believe we can’t.

Come on England!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Great to see the kids having some patriotic fun.

The small number of vile morons who criticised them for it on the school twitter account, forcing the school to briefly close it down, are just that - vile morons.

In what way is the video anti-woke?

More to the point, isn't bringing "wokeism" into it bringing politics into football?

Something the "anti-wokes" are usually against.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

In what way is the video anti-woke?

More to the point, isn't bringing "wokeism" into it bringing politics into football?

Something the "anti-wokes" are usually against.

Not tonight ffs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Admin
2 minutes ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Agreed. Let’s just got on tonight and enjoy the occasion. It will be a sad day when a Match Thread moves to the politics section.

Come on England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 

Please, I want a quiet stress free night just watching England

🤣

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Happy to see some criticism of the team selection. In my experience, whether it’s City or England, the more unhappy OTIB is with the team in that hour before KO, the better we do 😂

Enjoy the game!!

See now. You view it as criticism, whereas all it is, is a different opinion. 
As I said, hope saka has a blinder but I’d have stuck with sancho. Not criticising either of them. 
 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Harry said:

See now. You view it as criticism, whereas all it is, is a different opinion. 
As I said, hope saka has a blinder but I’d have stuck with sancho. Not criticising either of them. 
 

I’m clutching at straws Harry. There needs to be criticism. When there isn’t we do less well. Please don’t spoil our chances tonight 😁😁

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...