IGNORED

Pearson Interview today

Waconda

Pearson today saying there are still players not "buying in" to what he wants ! Not working hard enough in pre season.

Also stated that the pre season last season wasn't good enough - Weren't we top of the League after 5 games pre injury carnage ?

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Pearson today saying there are still players not "buying in" to what he wants ! Not working hard enough in pre season.

Also stated that the pre season last season wasn't good enough - Weren't we top of the League after 5 games pre injury carnage ?

Do you have a link to the interview?

Seems a bit early to be throwing people under the bus publicly. A bit worrying

I guess the point of pre season is to get fit for the whole season and not just the first 5 games. 

Interesting interview! Confirms Baker is on reduced wages and seems to clearly rate a lot of our younger players. 

Very critical of the previous regime! 

Must admit he does amuse me, he does “scary” very well..

Thought the Williams answer a bit odd, is this some sort of injury management thing? He wasn’t asked & after all this time seems strange.

Clearly setting down a marker with a couple based on his answers.

3 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Do you have a link to the interview?

Seems a bit early to be throwing people under the bus publicly. A bit worrying

He didn't throw anyone under a bus. He's calling out a lack of intensity in some unnamed players, who will/have been notified of said situation. If some aren't doing it, then they should be got rid of, particularly after last seasons pathetic showing.

10 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

He didn't throw anyone under a bus. He's calling out a lack of intensity in some unnamed players, who will/have been notified of said situation. If some aren't doing it, then they should be got rid of, particularly after last seasons pathetic showing.

Interesting comment about intensity. If I had nothing to do, I would try to determine who!

Oh, alright then I'll start the ball rolling.

It cannot be Kalas, Nagy, Palmer (?) or Wells as they've been on international duty.

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Must admit he does amuse me, he does “scary” very well..

Thought the Williams answer a bit odd, is this some sort of injury management thing? He wasn’t asked & after all this time seems strange.

Clearly setting down a marker with a couple based on his answers.

He certainly does. I’ve quite enjoyed watching him walking around smirking as the players are worked like dogs.

I certainly wouldn’t give him or Dave Rennie less than 100% effort..

2 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

Obviously I hope he succeeds here but i've always thought he treds the line between being a determined, tough no-nonsense leader and an arrogant cock. Reminds me of someone in my local pub who is constantly out to prove how hard they are

Are you looking at me, kid?

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Interesting comment about intensity. If I had nothing to do, I would try to determine who!

It cannot be Kalas, Nagy, Palmer (?) or Wells as they've been on international duty.

Palmer has been back. Is very interesting to know who it is. 

1 minute ago, Colombo Robin said:

Obviously I hope he succeeds here but i've always thought he treds the line between being a determined, tough no-nonsense leader and an arrogant cock. Reminds me of someone in my local pub who is constantly out to prove how hard they are

Yes I agree, his style of management will not work or be affective with all, and don't assume its the "bad eggs" that recoil from it.

23 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Its about being fit enough for 46 games . It was a shortened preseason last summer as well & less time off. Not sure how much but it would of made a difference 

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Just trying to remember who else we've got left!    Not Han-Noah I guess, he's a grafter

16 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Spot on. 

5 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Enjoyed the interview. Buy into what we are doing or **** off. Still a few players shirking about. No wonder we had a piss poor season last year with players seeming to do what they want. 

Indeed. Struck a chord with me when Pato mentioned the “family feel” when he left. Hopefully NP is getting rid of all that. 

Archived