IGNORED

Pearson Interview today

Waconda

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He didnt seem to mean anyone is lacking intensity. He seemed positive by training so far

"players finding it difficult to commit to what we are trying to do" - "They know what the outcome will be for them" - shots fired !!

5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Bakinson? COD? 

I'd say COD improved after Pearson came in, before injury. Plus no doubting his effort. 

Can't be King, James, nor Atkinson or Simpson, as new and/or used to Nige's work ethic and expectations, Baker's done something right to earn a new deal, same for Andi. 

Younger Players, assume means the likes of Edwards, Scott, Towler, Pearson, Bell, Conway, among others. 

Bentley's well liked ergo same with Massengo; Kalas, Wells, Nagy have been on international duty. 

Leaves the likes of Vyner, Moore, Bakinson, DaSilva, Pring, Martin, Williams, Palmer. 

7 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I had hoped for a question on a striker.

As always he is straight, clear and informative.

Yeah, so was I but maybe there’s a valid reason for why not………..:dunno:

I like the way Nige conducts his interviews. No waffle (LJ), clear and to the point. He really is just what the club needed after the last few years of inexperienced managers.

I have a positive feeling about this coming season. 

5 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He didnt seem to mean anyone is lacking intensity. He seemed positive by training so far

He said twice that if players didn’t commit to it then they knew what the outcome would be, he certainly suggested that was the case with a couple.

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Leaves the likes of Vyner, Moore, Bakinson, DaSilva, Pring, Martin, Williams, Palmer. 

Out of those I'd guess at Martin.

Whilst he does come across professional in his interviews i feel there is an arrogant edge to him and there could be a clash of personalities there.

Probably completely wrong and they get on like a house on fire.

10 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Pearson is definitely glass half empty!!!

Don’t reckon we will ever see Williams in  a City shirt. Not back for pre-season- what’s that about?

I don’t think he is at all. Different persona when not on camera . You only have to heard stuff from ex players to see that 

He also said williams is progressing well after a long term injury. 

17 minutes ago, Fuber said:

I'd say COD improved after Pearson came in, before injury. Plus no doubting his effort. 

Can't be King, James, nor Atkinson or Simpson, as new and/or used to Nige's work ethic and expectations, Baker's done something right to earn a new deal, same for Andi. 

Younger Players, assume means the likes of Edwards, Scott, Towler, Pearson, Bell, Conway, among others. 

Bentley's well liked ergo same with Massengo; Kalas, Wells, Nagy have been on international duty. 

Very unlikely to be Vyner or Moore in terms of attitude. Leaves the other six.

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Previous regime ****** him up

I watched a highlights reel from his time at Barnsley. He won some incredible challenges but was diving in to nearly every single one. Hardly ever stayed on his feet. Is it that relentless approach which brings injury and eventually catches up with you?

1 hour ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Do you have a link to the interview?

Seems a bit early to be throwing people under the bus publicly. A bit worrying

He hasn't thrown anyone under the bus publically. The only player he called out as being "behind" was Atkinson and he made it as clear as it was possible to make it that he has the attitude to be where he wants him to be in a few days time.

The real question is not "why is Nigel throwing people under the bus?", it is, and Nigel's answered it tbh, "why should one or two players be able to decide that the work is too hard for them and not get it done when everyone else is gritting their teeth and getting through it?". You would think, given the scenario with Baker coming back on reduced wages and others struggling to find a club, that these "one or two" would have a bit more upstairs.

I would say the situation is the complete opposite of worrying. The issue has been identified as early as possible and is going to be resolved as early as possible either way. Perhaps the people who still can't believe we have complete and utter shithouses still under contract at the club, after all the goings on last season, might now wake up to it....................or perhaps Nigel is to blame for requiring them to be fit enough to compete at the level they play at? Poor things..............

34 minutes ago, stortfordred said:

Pearson is definitely glass half empty!!!

Don’t reckon we will ever see Williams in  a City shirt. Not back for pre-season- what’s that about?

He has been up at the HPC, just not ready for the intense conditioning and running they have been doing the last 10 days maybe.

13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He hasn't thrown anyone under the bus publically. The only player he called out as being "behind" was Atkinson and he made it as clear as it was possible to make it that he has the attitude to be where he wants him to be in a few days time.

The real question is not "why is Nigel throwing people under the bus?", it is, and Nigel's answered it tbh, "why should one or two players be able to decide that the work is too hard for them and not get it done when everyone else is gritting their teeth and getting through it?". You would think, given the scenario with Baker coming back on reduced wages and others struggling to find a club, that these "one or two" would have a bit more upstairs.

I would say the situation is the complete opposite of worrying. The issue has been identified as early as possible and is going to be resolved as early as possible either way. Perhaps the people who still can't believe we have complete and utter shithouses still under contract at the club, after all the goings on last season, might now wake up to it....................or perhaps Nigel is to blame for requiring them to be fit enough to compete at the level they play at? Poor things..............

Yep, he’s just making it clear to the odd one or two players that he isn’t standing for it.  I don’t think it’s worth speculating who, that will eventually come out when they find themselves in the wilderness of non-selection or at another club.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Yep, he’s just making it clear to the odd one or two players that he isn’t standing for it.  I don’t think it’s worth speculating who, that will eventually come out when they find themselves in the wilderness of non-selection or at another club.

Totally agree. It can be unfair on players pulling their weight who are in the middle of the speculation. All we have to do is wait and see....either the players sort themselves out after Pearson's little warning shot or we will clearly know who they are soon enough.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yep, plus let’s be honest, no-one has a clue who, so just picking on someone randomly (or because you don’t rate them) is pointless.

46 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

I cant imagine bakinson or martin are quite the natural athlete that someone like massengo or cod is, and possibly arent enjoying the hard work that some are able to do.

Martin and Bakinson did the same SDS run.

One of them nearly finished first, beaten only by Owura Edwards and got a pat on the back from Pearson, the other finished last. 

Not difficult to work out which is which, I would have thought. 

7 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

How many times have we criticised players on this forum for lack of effort and trotted out the robbing a living phrase, well finally we have a manager who will not let them mug off little ole nice BCFC anymore

..........and still you will get a few that stick up for the players.

It seems clear that too many things weren't happening that should be a given, for a team aiming for the premier league. No room for sentiment or emotion, just expecting "professional drive". The sort of drive that the Leicesters, Watfords, Fulhams, Norwichs show when they've routinely come down and played us off the park. Let's hope that familiar matchday feeling of "christ, we're miles off them" starts to disappear next season !

One thing that is evidently clear from Pearson's interview is that he is already creating a competitive atmosphere amongst the squad. 

Competition for places, and high expectations.

It's worth noting that the clear out is likely far from done. We have merely scratched the surface by releasing those no longer in contract. Others are likely to follow if we can attract buyers.

Opportunity to impress, otherwise move on. 

3 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

One thing that is evidently clear from Pearson's interview is that he is already creating a competitive atmosphere amongst the squad. 

Competition for places, and high expectations.

It's worth noting that the clear out is likely far from done. We have merely scratched the surface by releasing those no longer in contract. Others are likely to follow if we can attract buyers.

Opportunity to impress, otherwise move on. 

And that’s absolutely fine by me tbf 

Love how frank and honest he is, not just for the players to listen to and understand what is required, but I’m sure Lansdown and co will listen to that, and know that last season we weren’t anywhere near where we should have been - fitness wise. (If he didn’t know that already….). Hopefully lessons can be learnt for the future.

This level of honesty is what was needed I feel, the opposite to a ‘yes man’. 

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I don’t think he is at all. Different persona when not on camera . You only have to heard stuff from ex players to see that 

He also said williams is progressing well after a long term injury. 

he certainly isnt anything like on camera. i met him last monday before baker confirmation, and i couldnt wish to meet a more genuine open honest bloke.

Archived