IGNORED

Sweet caroline just wondering

Banjo Island

37 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It’s one of those songs that’s always the last of the night… predictable…

It’s either this or Mr effin Brightside!

When I DJ, I hate playing either, but they are always asked for. Them and Daydream Believer.

4 hours ago, arrytheb said:

Tbf it really got the crowd going and perhaps comes across better if you're there than it does on TV?

I had some good memories of singing it before Gerry Cinemon at Glastonbury, but happy to leave it there. It was spontaneous. At football with the music being played it sounds forced.

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I had some good memories of singing it before Gerry Cinemon at Glastonbury, but happy to leave it there. It was spontaneous. At football with the music being played it sounds forced.

I think it's quite a good choice. It's used by Matchroom for their boxing shows on Sky before big fights and gets a big crowd reaction so that's why the DJ is using it at Wembley. 

On a side note - "Don't take me home" is a terrible song. Didn't that start at the 2016 Euros? I'm amazed  the line "I just don't want to go to work" is the best possible line the creators of that one could come up with - rubbish!

14 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

What you all think about us adopting it for our anthem a really uplifting song sang by young and old alike would love to hear it booming out around the gate whats rekon

I’m a big cricket fan & have watched England a few times . England fans been singing it for years. As a anthem no ?However , once the queen has departed I think our anthem should be Jerusalem 

'Time of your Life" by Green Day........... is the perfect singalong anthem with apposite lyrics , great tune and easy to sing ?  PS As much as i like Drink up zee cider, it would be great to have another singalong favourite?    " It's something unpredictable, but in the end it's right, I hope you had the time of your life!!".  ......  Sing it out loud to the tune, and you will see what i mean?...............I like it anyways Ha!!

4 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it's quite a good choice. It's used by Matchroom for their boxing shows on Sky before big fights and gets a big crowd reaction so that's why the DJ is using it at Wembley. 

On a side note - "Don't take me home" is a terrible song. Didn't that start at the 2016 Euros? I'm amazed  the line "I just don't want to go to work" is the best possible line the creators of that one could come up with - rubbish!

I'm not a boxing fan so didn't realise this, but yes it does get fans from all ages singing. And yes I don't like the Don't take me home song either.

• Admin
17 hours ago, Banjo Island said:

What you all think about us adopting it for our anthem a really uplifting song sang by young and old alike would love to hear it booming out around the gate whats rekon

Easy to sing along to, everyone knows the words

First I was aware of it was at a T20 finals day many many years ago, football finally caught up

I really dislike these sh!tty old numbers by washed up crooners who can only get a gig in Vegas. Fair enough if you're Stoke and Delilah is your anthem for whatever reason, but Sweet Caroline has no relevance to England or England fans.

I wish they'd drop it and exclusively play the one song, and only the one song, which simply can't be beaten, and is 100% relevant to England and England fans.

Ahhh the ubiquitous Sweet Caroline; a great song but quite how it ended up becoming an anthem for any large gathering I have no idea! Attend any sporting event or a gig and this gets belted out all the time. It’s fine but I don’t want to hear it at Ashton Gate; much prefer we stick with our own songs! 

3 hours ago, In the Net said:

It's been part of the pre-match playlist at The Mem for a few seasons now, I'd say stick to the ones that are unique to you. 

Come on then what else is on the mem playlist?

Down Down?

5 minutes ago, OneCity said:

I really dislike these sh!tty old numbers by washed up crooners who can only get a gig in Vegas. Fair enough if you're Stoke and Delilah is your anthem for whatever reason, but Sweet Caroline has no relevance to England or England fans.

I wish they'd drop it and exclusively play the one song, and only the one song, which simply can't be beaten, and is 100% relevant to England and England fans.

Not ashamed to say I really love this song.

Seems to have ever increasing depth and poignancy as further years, and decades, roll by.

Come on England, we've been through so many bitter disappointments.

Bring the Cup home, there's good chaps. :pray: :englandsmile4wf:

Archived