IGNORED

To dive or not to dive - Sterling

9 minutes ago, Coolrunnings said:

Personally agree with Shearer , never a penalty just folded his legs and collapsed to the ground. Frankly find it embarrassing no matter who does it and would rather lose than win in this way. Been impressed by referees this tournament wonder whether home crowd advantage comes into play .

If you win in this way don't moan if it goes against you. 

Delighted we won but leaves a sour taste to be honest . As a teacher who knows the influence this has on children it's a poor one to set.

I’m glad Sterling didn’t jump with the keeper and punch the ball in. You would have had to resign. No sour taste for me, it was brilliant and we deserved to win that game.

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

Had that type of penalty been awarded against England we’d all be outraged but it went in our favour. The decision was checked by VaR and found that was no ‘clear error’.

Tough for the Danes to except tho. I thought they were excellent.

• Like 3

Just now, Robbored said:

Had that type of penalty been awarded against England we’d all be outraged but it went in our favour. The decision was checked by VaR and found that was no ‘clear error’.

Tough for the Danes to except tho. I thought they were excellent.

They played well first half but were second best overall. Played for penalties at the start of extra time because they were out on their feet.

• Like 5

Interesting views that other teams do it, so its OK for us to do it too......Italians next. Masters at acting and deceiving the ref.

Let's save this thread and see what the feelings about this topic are like after that game....just saying.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

They played well first half but were second best overall. Played for penalties at the start of extra time because they were out on their feet.

They were gone after an hour. We dominated most of that game.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Interesting views that other teams do it, so its OK for us to do it too......Italians next. Masters at acting and deceiving the ref.

Let's save this thread and see what the feelings about this topic are like after that game....just saying.

Too busy enjoying the win tbh. Might consider your point some other time.

• Like 1

It’s the modern game. Until the referees stop giving penalties for it then we need to embrace it and join in or we won’t win anything.  And yes I accept it when it goes against England and City. I don’t get bitter if someone dives against us and gets a penalty. This is part of football now. 

• Like 1

There was a game the other day, think it was italy vs spain, i might be wrong.

One player was rolling around in agony, somebody scored, he got up and ran over celebrating like a madman!

The latin nations will do anything to win, and have no shame.

As somebody else pointed out the masters.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Yeah, they definitely flagged in extra time. They were knackered and never really threatened In attack.

Englands first major final in 55 years………some achievement. 

10 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’d have scored after that if not awarded the pen. Denmark were gone.

Shall we talk about Denmark’s free kick that lead to the goal? That was just as much a nonsense.

No, let's talk about Sam Matterface and what a great commentator he is......................

• Haha 4

50 minutes ago, Coolrunnings said:

Personally agree with Shearer , never a penalty just folded his legs and collapsed to the ground. Frankly find it embarrassing no matter who does it and would rather lose than win in this way. Been impressed by referees this tournament wonder whether home crowd advantage comes into play .

If you win in this way don't moan if it goes against you. 

Delighted we won but leaves a sour taste to be honest . As a teacher who knows the influence this has on children it's a poor one to set.

Fortunately your kids will probably care even less than the rest of us and may even point out what a game Sterling had and what a positive role model he is it that he was STILL going after 120 mins and we were by far the better side for nearly all that game.

Shame that I'm even replying to this really on the day we deservedly qualify for a final after 55yrs but you do you yeah.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, TomF said:

We’d have scored after that if not awarded the pen. Denmark were gone.

Shall we talk about Denmark’s free kick that lead to the goal? That was just as much a nonsense.

Or Denmark’s first against the Czechs? 

• Like 1

• Admin
Just now, Numero Uno said:

No, let's talk about Sam Matterface and what a great commentator he is......................

I’ve just woken up, don’t set me off on the itv rage so soon

Angry Jon Bernthal GIF by NETFLIX

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I thought it was a soft pen, but also their free kick goal was a soft foul also, doubt they were complaining then. Swings and roundabouts… 

Luck has never felt like it’s been on our side in these tournaments, the shoe has nearly always been on the other foot when it comes to decisions like those. I feel only delight for the victory! I felt it was a miracle they held on for so long without conceding, after the 70th minute Denmark were done. 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

Fortunately your kids will probably care even less than the rest of us and may even point out what a game Sterling had and what a positive role model he is it that he was STILL going after 120 mins and we were by far the better side for nearly all that game.

Shame that I'm even replying to this really on the day we deservedly qualify for a final after 55yrs but you do you yeah.

Too many people (still a minority though) seem to have lost the ability to just accept and enjoy something without partaking in boring over-analysis. Not sure whether it's the media or schools to blame, probably the media I would say. It is possible to just enjoy the moment for now and concern yourself about the issues surrounding it later. We haven't made a final for 55 years and now we have, deservedly so too........no lecture required!!

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Every other country does it. Would be a big disadvantage if England decided not to dive. Might not ever win a tournament if we care so much about doing the right thing when other nations could not care less.

Exactly, other teams do it, but when we do it other countries fans all conspire against us.

it really is like no one other than the English want us to win, sod em all, i hope we give Italy a good beating in final.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Christ we won and reached a major first final since 66 and still people pick holes in it. It was a penalty because rightly or wrongly the Ref gave it. Just accept it and cherish the moment . Ps we could have had another when Kane was clattered into in the box

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

In my humble opinion, I watched the Final of this European Championship on Tuesday evening. Two top quality teams that had me, and I guess millions of others, on the edge of my seat.

Yesterday's match was poor fare in comparison.

Fascinating.

• Like 2

Just now, Portland Bill said:

Stirling anticipated contact which didn’t come, and dived, we all know it, we all saw it. Nothing to debate really.

If a Dane had done the same thing up the other end, this forum would be in meltdown!. 

There was a small amount of contact but not a lot. It was given and that's that.......a decision went our way. We are in the final, DESERVEDLY so too, and I know I'm enjoying that fact.

5 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Stirling anticipated contact which didn’t come, and dived, we all know it, we all saw it. Nothing to debate really.

If a Dane had done the same thing up the other end, this forum would be in meltdown!. 

People should make peace that it’s part of the game. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

There was a game the other day, think it was italy vs spain, i might be wrong.

One player was rolling around in agony, somebody scored, he got up and ran over celebrating like a madman!

The latin nations will do anything to win, and have no shame.

As somebody else pointed out the masters.

It was Immobile vs Belgium.  I'm sure you can find a replay on BBC, but David Squires captured it perfectly

• Haha 2