IGNORED

Who is the biggest star to have played for City?

Major Isewater

Not sure if he's been mentioned, but Arthur Milton.

Won the League with Arsenal
Played for England, winning one Cap
Played in our Promotion team '55 

Was an all rounder for Gloucester
Played 6 Tests for England.

Worth a mention at least.

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Cant think of many world cup winning squad players who have played for city so norman hunter it is.... 

I was only a teenager at the time, but I remember Norman coming to BCFC and thinking WOW! This bloke is known by all football fans everywhere and he is playing for City.

He was the first "star" to sign for City during my lifetime.

Loved his no-nonsense tackling, loved some of his little dribbles forward, loved his left-footed rocket that he let off from time to time. A lovely bloke too.

A true star. RIP, Norman.

On 09/07/2021 at 06:59, Major Isewater said:

As good as Cormack was I don’t think many people consider him a ‘star’ player. 

He wasn’t a ‘ big player ‘ at Liverpool or well known for his exploits internationally or in the public eye.

Most British people will have never heard of him, unlike Norman ‘Bites yer legs’Hunter, Joe ‘Jaws’ Jordan or ‘ Calamity’ James.  

Still it’s just opinions.

A legend in his own living room.

Cormack was stylish and elegant. Scored some important goals to keep us up. Lovely player

21 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

The number plate resembles the shout when an opposition keeper launches the ball ‘ you are ...’

Girl on the left needs the loo.

Was at Old Trafford when he scored a hat trick and appeared to have the football World at his feet. 

13 hours ago, AppyDAZE said:

I was only a teenager at the time, but I remember Norman coming to BCFC and thinking WOW! This bloke is known by all football fans everywhere and he is playing for City.

He was the first "star" to sign for City during my lifetime.

Loved his no-nonsense tackling, loved some of his little dribbles forward, loved his left-footed rocket that he let off from time to time. A lovely bloke too.

A true star. RIP, Norman.

Bloody hero he was and always will be. We will never forget him.

Image result for Norman Hunter footballer

3 hours ago, harvey54 said:

Cormack was stylish and elegant. Scored some important goals to keep us up. Lovely player

This can go on and on.

1- Terry Cooper - At 40 years. Bought great success and if it was not for Terry we would be in the shit now,

2- Ade the first million pound player.

3- Lee Trundle I think the fatty was the 1/3rd million pound signing ever at the club.

4- The Ashton Gate 8 with Merrick and the other famous 7.

5- Sticks Ritchie - freaky frame but a great goal scorer.

6- Ray Cashley one of the best goal keepers to wear a City shirt. I remember great times from this in the early 70,s.

7- Gerry Gow- First up for City he was a teenager. Not much more to say as he was a hero may he RIP.

8 - Scott Murray - one of the best midfield players to have aver played at BS3.

9- Flint, One of the best.

10 - Howard Pritchard, probably not rated by most but he was a great player even though he is welsh along with Emmanuale as well/

On 08/07/2021 at 08:40, Major Isewater said:

I was just thinking about Derby County and how they have fallen from grace and how they used to have such well known players such as Franny Lee, Charlie George and even today Wayne Rooney, who is the biggest ‘ star ‘ to have played for the City?

I am thinking Norman Hunter has to be up there. David James equally. 

We’ve not been a glamorous club that attracts star names but there has to be more doesn’t there? 

So who is the biggest ‘ star’ to have played for the Robins? 

Can't be arsed to read the whole thread and expect it's out there already  but Tomlin?

Archived