IGNORED

Liam Walsh to Swansea

Super

16 minutes ago, Super said:

3 year deal. Interesting to see how he goes against us next month

Never a doubt he'd have a taker at this level.

He's the sort of player I like to watch so I hope he does well, although not against us of course!

Said all I’m going to on Walsh, but of those released that’s him, Rowe, Lansbury & Baker all sorted for next season.

Rumours of Diedhiou & an MLS club, but quite a number Paterson, Hunt, Watkins, Adelakun & Mariappa are all still without clubs.

Be interesting to see where they end up in the next month.

37 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Good luck to him, but walsh goes down in a list of poor signings made by us over the years, millions spent and wasted by the previous management 

We all make mistakes in our jobs, some are just a bit more public and expensive than others. 

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

Fao Big tone , I’m sure me and you had a bet on where Liam Walsh would end up , I said the championship you said he wouldn’t get a club above league 1 , let me know when you’ve made the donation to chsw.

I vaguely recall something. Send me their details.

10 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

We should be due a compensation fee as offered him a contract and 23 years old 

It looks like we may have offered him a contract BUT not offered one at least the same as his current deal.  Therefore no compo entitlement for u24s.

To get compo the contract offer has to be at least the same as his current deal.

Rumour was he was £8/9k pw here, which is an extraordinary amount for a 20 year old at the time of signing.  He hasn’t justified that imho

I can’t believe “Nige” offered him that much to stay.  I also expect Swansea offered him more.  Good luck to him.

FWIW I don’t see him bossing the midfield for Swansea.

2 hours ago, Glen hump said:

Just go on their website, children’s hospital south west.

Done Sir

Thank you so much!

At Children’s Hospice South West, we have been overwhelmed by the fantastic support from you, our wonderful supporters. By generously donating to us during these uncertain times, you are helping to ensure that we can continue to be here now and into the future to support children and families across the South West.

If you haven’t already, please join our Be Incredible Facebook group for inspiration on ways you can fundraise from your home and continue to support CHSW.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

Done Sir

Thank you so much!

At Children’s Hospice South West, we have been overwhelmed by the fantastic support from you, our wonderful supporters. By generously donating to us during these uncertain times, you are helping to ensure that we can continue to be here now and into the future to support children and families across the South West.

If you haven’t already, please join our Be Incredible Facebook group for inspiration on ways you can fundraise from your home and continue to support CHSW.

Well done tone ,??

5 hours ago, Simon bristol said:

Good luck to him, but walsh goes down in a list of poor signings made by us over the years, millions spent and wasted by the previous management 

Don't agree, Walsh is quality, I was fortunate to see him play a couple of times for Coventry, and although one league lower, he stood out technically and skill wise.  Swansea have made a very good signing, and if he can stay fit he will do very well for them.  I still think we didn't try hard enough to keep him........but we move on...............and maybe James and King will be a good fit?

Didn't want to be here for whatever reasons (injuries, fitness issues, broken promises maybe?)

With that in mind I don't really care. Don't want to play for the club - fine the doors over there don't let it hit you in the ass on the way out.

Yes he could go on and make a decent career for himself- good luck to him. In fairness though all he's really accomplished whilst under contract here was all the success he had whilst at Coventry on loan. In League 1.

Last note on this....people keep constantly repeating that he didn't want to be here?   Well when he was offered reduced terms,  a short term contract, and crap injury rehabilitation.....I get the feeling that he felt that the club were not bothered whether he stayed or left.  So he has gone to a club where he was wanted and respected.  Good Luck Liam, see you in the play offs?           , 

NP has seen enough in training to gauge his skill and attitude and if deemed what we need would have made sure we offered a deal to keep, I trust NP's opinion.

Of course there will be the usual suspects on here desperate for him to do well and others desperate to fail, so they can come out with their sage like knowledge and say I told you so. When a players leaves which happens a lot in football, some will end up being good choices others will not, but will always be easy with hindsight. Sometimes a player may have the skill level, but just not fit in, or perhaps needs a move and a look at themselves to realise they need to put more effort in.

Archived