IGNORED

Liam Walsh to Swansea

Super

40 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Here is Pearson’s side of it

So a clear indication that NP didn’t think he was worth the value of his existing contract to offer him a deal at that level (or more) to enable compensation to be a factor.

Suggests that rumours of £8/9k p.w weren’t far off the mark, and in today’s climate, coming off of 3.5 years of not making an impact here for one reason or another, I actually agree with the decision.  He isn’t worth offering a deal at that kind of sum (close to £0.5m p.a), not when he’s probably already lined up a deal elsewhere.

Nice to hear Nige understand the financial dynamic.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So a clear indication that NP didn’t think he was worth the value of his existing contract to offer him a deal at that level (or more) to enable compensation to be a factor.

Suggests that rumours of £8/9k p.w weren’t far off the mark, and in today’s climate, coming off of 3.5 years of not making an impact here for one reason or another, I actually agree with the decision.  He isn’t worth offering a deal at that kind of sum (close to £0.5m p.a), not when he’s probably already lined up a deal elsewhere.

Nice to hear Nige understand the financial dynamic.

No problem from me neither. He’s here to make the big decisions and he has no problem making them. Whilst everyone might not agree we can’t afford to mess about. If NP was in charge beginning of last season I’m sure we would of sold FD

Be interesting to know what James and King are earning, in comparison to the low ball offer that was made to Liam?  I guess we will have to wait and see who ends up being the best value for money, come the end of the season?  Hopefully Nige has made the best call?

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Be interesting to know what James and King are earning, in comparison to the low ball offer that was made to Liam?  I guess we will have to wait and see who ends up being the best value for money, come the end of the season?  Hopefully Nige has made the best call?

Maybe around about the same wage but a shorter contract than LW was in search of. 

18 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I don’t think King will be on as much as James.  Was reflecting this morning on James being a bit like when we signed O’Neil, when in fact King is younger than O’Neil.

on 3PIAP pod, Nige answered Ed Hadwin re Baker and said the contract was incentivised (not sure if he said heavily or just incentivised).  That’s good.

Archived