IGNORED

Question Of Sport

Super

Seems a weird combination! Never heard of Sam Quek.

Top Gear presenter Paddy McGuinness is to replace Sue Barker as host of BBC game show A Question of Sport.

The star, who is also known for Take Me Out and I Can See Your Voice, said taking the hot seat on the long-running quiz was "an honour and opportunity I'm certainly not taking lightly".

The programme will also get two new team captains for its 51st series.

Hockey player Sam Quek and rugby star Ugo Monye will take over from Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell.

Sam Quek and Ugo Monye as new captains, not overly sold on Paddy as the host as I'd have kept it to a sportsman, will probably go down the 'banter' route now but the captains should be decent enough for regulars.

Just seen you started this a while ago, I looked for the words Paddy McGuinness rather than question of sport ? My worry with Paddy as host is they'll go down the 'banter' direction. Sam Quek is pretty well known after her Olympic win she's often on radio and TV and a pretty good choice in my opinion, think she easily could have been host. Ugo Monye again is a pretty solid choice, I've seen him appear of QoS several times and he's been good, also appears on Fighting Talk I believe on the radio and is good on that.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

I've always been puzzled how Sam Quek managed to get on so many TV and radio shows since the Olympic win and nobody else from that winning team has been seen

Good agent.

3 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Box-ticking from the BBC

How? 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

I might be the only person who really doesn’t like Paddy McGuiness. I just think he’s a gobby northerner with limited talent. 

I don't think he's bad on a show like Top Gear where there are multiple presenters for him to bounce off but I think as a singular host he'll be poor on a show like this

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I might be the only person who really doesn’t like Paddy McGuiness. I just think he’s a gobby northerner with limited talent. 

He is a talentless knob. Only got where he is due to Peter Kay

52 minutes ago, !james said:

All the gammons were frothing at the mouth when it was rumoured that Alex Scott was going to take over so they need something to moan about

I would have watched it if she hosted it. Boner vision

7 hours ago, Super said:

Seems a weird combination! Never heard of Sam Quek.

Top Gear presenter Paddy McGuinness is to replace Sue Barker as host of BBC game show A Question of Sport.

The star, who is also known for Take Me Out and I Can See Your Voice, said taking the hot seat on the long-running quiz was "an honour and opportunity I'm certainly not taking lightly".

The programme will also get two new team captains for its 51st series.

Hockey player Sam Quek and rugby star Ugo Monye will take over from Matt Dawson and Phil Tufnell.

If you say so.  :dunno:

5 hours ago, !james said:

All the gammons were frothing at the mouth when it was rumoured that Alex Scott was going to take over so they need something to moan about

No doubt they'll have foamed at the mouth instead when Alex was announced as replacement for Dan Walker on Football Focus....and will boycott accordingly!

On 08/07/2021 at 16:59, Harry said:

Not that this has any relevance, but he is punching massively. His missus is unreal!

On 08/07/2021 at 16:59, Harry said:

I don't think I've ever actually seen him present anything so no idea if he'll be any good.

His career so far, going by the type of things he's presented until now, doesn't bode well.....

6 hours ago, richwwtk said:

I don't think I've ever actually seen him present anything so no idea if he'll be any good.

His career so far, going by the type of things he's presented until now, doesn't bode well.....

You've never seen take me out?! 

Archived