IGNORED

New Home Shirt Launched

redpole

Wondering if the dogs took a steaming great ? on the pitch, but after last season nobody would notice.

re O’Dowda, I’m going to stick my neck out and say he will be much more influential on the pitch this season. Nige must see something and I trust him. (Hope this ages well ?)

I’m probably in a minority, as most seem to like the shirt, but I think it’s a bit disappointing. It’s the same every year. Big build up and then a shirt that’s 95% red with a few splodges of white and the sponsors logo. Whoever designs the shirt should think of Monty Python - “and now for something completely different”. I not suggesting that it’s a complete change of colour but if this was a competition in school to design a shirt it would only be a 3 out of 10 mark for imagination 

30 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m probably in a minority, as most seem to like the shirt, but I think it’s a bit disappointing. It’s the same every year. Big build up and then a shirt that’s 95% red with a few splodges of white and the sponsors logo. Whoever designs the shirt should think of Monty Python - “and now for something completely different”. I not suggesting that it’s a complete change of colour but if this was a competition in school to design a shirt it would only be a 3 out of 10 mark for imagination 

Well its always going to be red with some white in the shape of a shirt, there is only so much you can do within that remit. Collar type, collar color, badge position, pattern. Home kits are rarely the place to experiment. 

1 hour ago, kiwicolin said:

Clever marketing by City.  How many City fans would order a shirt for their dog / dogs ??

Might be a good money spinner. 

Nah, a good marketing ploy by the club if they're going to use dogs to unveil the shirt (and I do like the launch....it's a bit of fun) would be to expand the merchandise range to include things like this specifically for dogs etc.  Realistically if people buy a kids shirt to put on a dog it won't last 2 minutes, so go bespoke!

The range of merch has been so poor for so long it's unreal.  There are so many options that they ignore, particularly centred around kids.  PJ's, onesies, bedding, curtains....hell they even brought out City pants last year, but for adults and not kids, who would be more likely to wear them than adults!  Christmas time especially the club would make an absolute killing if they got their merch offerings right.  Hopefully, Jerry speaking to the marketing manager may garner some improvements in this as it's been raised a couple of times in the SLO forum.

As for the shirt, I do like the simplicity.  Shirts don't have to be jazzy. Simple and understated.  The only bone of contention being the Iron Man placing of the badge.

41 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Well its always going to be red with some white in the shape of a shirt, there is only so much you can do within that remit. Collar type, collar color, badge position, pattern. Home kits are rarely the place to experiment. 

That’s only true if you start with the mindset that there’s only so much you can do. If you want to be a bit more imaginative you can do a lot. Have a look at the history of clubs kits. Many have been staid, eg City, but many have been more interesting - eg Forest Green, Cheltenham, Yeovil, Coventry and many more 

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/English_Football_League/index.html

52 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Agree.   If the shirt is plain red and white.  People seem to complain its boring.

If you go left field and adventorous, people seem to complain and say they prefer simpler designs.

?

Never gonna please all the people all the time.

I'm sure it will grow.

Have to say that there have been some really good kit design efforts put up on this forum in the past.

I would think the club would do well to have a competition where fans get to design the 3rd kit.  Would love to see that.

I like the kit for what its worth, central badge and all

11 hours ago, KegCity said:

I hope he proves me wrong but aside from occasional runs of games I’ve not seen much to get excited about from him. Pearson may well be able to get him to perform consistently 

If he's given a position and told to stick with it, in the right formation he'll be a decent player.

Let's be fair, with previous regimes it's been a case of who's playing this week and what position shall we shoehorn him into this week? We did have a bit of that at the end of last season with Pearson, but he didn't have much choice by that point due to the number of injuries and wasters around.

2 hours ago, kiwicolin said:

Clever marketing by City.  How many City fans would order a shirt for their dog / dogs ??

Might be a good money spinner. 

Hiring Dog Models. 
4 dogs at £500 per day = £2k

How much would a dog owner pay for a dog shirt? A quick search tells me the average price would be about £15. 

So probably need to sell about 133 doggy shirts to turn a profit. 

Highly unlikely. 

E8AADD73-34AC-4273-99CA-15223DA18036.jpeg

Rather than some weird dog theme. How about City gave something back to their loyal fan base and invited 5 season card renewing children to do the photo shoot. Could have been an amazing experience and wonderful memory for 5 wide-eyed kids to model with their heroes. 
Nah - let’s get a couple of poochies, the fans will love it! Weirdo’s. 

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Rather than some weird dog theme. How about City gave something back to their loyal fan base and invited 5 season card renewing children to do the photo shoot. Could have been an amazing experience and wonderful memory for 5 wide-eyed kids to model with their heroes. 
Nah - let’s get a couple of poochies, the fans will love it! Weirdo’s. 

I agree. This to me seems it's been designed for a non Bristol City audience, purely to get likes on the internet. 

"What do people like? Dogs". Meeting over. 

We've not seen our team vs March last year, frankly it's disappointing they didn't really theme the kit release on the importance of fans and the excitement to have them back in my opinion.

46 minutes ago, soultrader said:

Agree.   If the shirt is plain red and white.  People seem to complain its boring.

If you go left field and adventorous, people seem to complain and say they prefer simpler designs.

?

Never gonna please all the people all the time.

I'm sure it will grow.

Have to say that there have been some really good kit design efforts put up on this forum in the past.

I would think the club would do well to have a competition where fans get to design the 3rd kit.  Would love to see that.

I like the kit for what its worth, central badge and all

The club must have some kind of sales figures on when they have been adventurous v plain. They have obviously come to the conclusion plain sells better. 

18 hours ago, RedRock said:

By the looks of things, all of the design budget was used up on the ‘keepers shirts.

Nice dogs though. …as long as we don’t follow up with cats next season.

"Nice dogs" is a contradiction in terms.

And no cat would be stupid enough to put up with doing that shit.

Archived