IGNORED

New Home Shirt Launched

redpole

3 hours ago, Pezo said:

The club must have some kind of sales figures on when they have been adventurous v plain. They have obviously come to the conclusion plain sells better. 

The last time the design was adventurous was in 1954 when City had red shirts with white sleeves

john-atyeo-a0498558-1cc6-48c5-8ed1-c35d95b9593-resize-750.jpeg

1 minute ago, bris red said:

That away kit has to be up there as one of the worst kits in our history surely ?

I’m afraid I’ve got to disagree with you. That kit is THE worst kit in our history 

27 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m afraid I’ve got to disagree with you. That kit is THE worst kit in our history 

I'm afraid I'm going to go one step further...that kit is one of the worst kits in anyone's history.....  (A certain Tesco value carrier bag takes the number one spot, obviously!)

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Hiring Dog Models. 
4 dogs at £500 per day = £2k

How much would a dog owner pay for a dog shirt? A quick search tells me the average price would be about £15. 

So probably need to sell about 133 doggy shirts to turn a profit. 

Highly unlikely. 

E8AADD73-34AC-4273-99CA-15223DA18036.jpeg

But we didn’t hire dog models. Two were Callum’s dogs and one of the Physios owns the Pugs. 

The shirts aren’t made especially for dogs either but standard child sizes

8 hours ago, RUSSEL85 said:

Can’t remember the last time I liked a home kit more than an away one! 

oh I can….

49BB3E3E-721B-4FAD-95F6-79490FC4A3D9.jpeg

TFG were absolutely abysmal shirts.

The year we won the LDV trophy, the quality was probably the best/most durable (still wear those occasionally) although the red one that year was a very strange shade - more pinky when compared to others we have had over the years.

That particular "thing" in the picture is the one time I've looked at a shirt and thought "who the hell in their right mind would wear that, let alone pay for it". Absolutely awful.

Got a feeling that that was one of, if not the last season(s) they supplied the kits before we went to Puma?

Tatty Frayed Garments. TFG.

9 minutes ago, CiderJar said:

Didn't we have this away kit once (when we also had Clayton Fortune as centre back)?

image.png.82e8e07990e1b92c0c70ef97d6ff4eb7.png

Now THAT was a good kit - we should do a variation on it, say with the stripes vertical? Either down the one side (England 2002) or the middle (PSG)

44 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

Now THAT was a good kit - we should do a variation on it, say with the stripes vertical? Either down the one side (England 2002) or the middle (PSG)

It was, but TFG were awful. Oversized and uncomfortable. A modern version would be really smart

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Interesting we had a badge in the middle of the shirt back then too

Looks better as well with the manufacturer above the badge. That is what puts me off this years shirt the badge being above Hummel, just looks wrong!

6 hours ago, SecretSam said:

Still got one somewhere I think. I liked it a lot but it did look a bit like an old Man Utd kit and people seeing it thought that`s what it was so I didn`t wear it out and about a lot.

Archived