IGNORED

Team vs Blackpool(?)

Unan

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I think Vyner will get the RB gig.  Not sure if Antoine will be fit for the start of the season.

I forgot Semenyo has problems, probably O'Dowda then or a loan I'd assume. I was unsure re Vyner as well, I don't know if we'll start with Simpson and then transition, similar to Baker/Atkinson (somewhat).

19 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Assuming we don't make any quality signings in the next month.

Bentley

Simpson Kalas Baker Dasilva

James Massengo

Wiemann

Semenyo                 O'Dowda

Wells

I'd prefer to see Weimann on the wings than O'Dowda 

21 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Bentley

James Massengo

Wiemann

Wells

Pretty uninspiring that line up.

4 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I know football is all about opinions but suggesting Adam Nagy can't make a Bristol City starting XI is laughable.

I’m not suggesting he can’t. I don’t think he will though.

26 minutes ago, Banned User said:

Bentley

James Massengo

Wiemann

Wells

My current XI would probably be:

Bentley

Vyner Kalas Atkinson Dasilva

James Williams

Massengo

Semenyo                 Weimann

Wells

Obviously may change depending on injuries, new signings etc. 

Just now, Supersonic Robin said:

Bentley

James Williams

Massengo

Wells

I would’ve chose Williams and moved Massengo forward, but I don’t think Williams will be ready unfortunately.

17 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

I know football is all about opinions but suggesting Adam Nagy can't make a Bristol City starting XI is laughable.

With everyone available, everyone fresh, he doesn’t get in my starting eleven.  But lots of variables involved.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

With everyone available, everyone fresh, he doesn’t get in my starting eleven.  But lots of variables involved.

Nor mine. Nagy has been disappointing imv. I’m struggling to remember him having an impressive game. I’d would not be surprised if he moved on.

6 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

King James alone in the centre?

Think he might be a bit past his best now.

Nige has trust in them and he knows what they offer, if they perform in pre season I can see them starting. A lot of Nigel’s interviews have been about trust in players and these players he knows and trusts! 

Bentley: Simpson, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva: James, Williams, Massengo: Semenyo, Wells, O’Dowda. 

Atkinson to be phased in when Baker gets injured, Nagy in for Williams if not fit in time, minutes for Edwards, Britton and Bell via rotation. 

8 minutes ago, redpole said:

Nige has trust in them and he knows what they offer, if they perform in pre season I can see them starting. A lot of Nigel’s interviews have been about trust in players and these players he knows and trusts! 

?????

Whooooooooosh !

1 hour ago, Banned User said:

Bentley

James Massengo

Wiemann

Wells

Considering we released a dozen after last season that team looks worryingly familiar. 

3 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Bentley

Simpson kalas atkinson Dasilva

James King massengo

Weimann Wells ODowda

Think that’s pretty close, you can make a case for Vyner at RB, Nagy in midfield & Martin up front but seeing as Williams hasn’t trained yet, not too many others.

8 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Bentley

Simpson kalas atkinson Dasilva

James King massengo

Weimann Wells ODowda

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Think that’s pretty close, you can make a case for Vyner at RB, Nagy in midfield & Martin up front but seeing as Williams hasn’t trained yet, not too many others.

I think as it stands and with a few late to catch up fitness wise thats not far off

Bentley

Simpson kalas Atkinson Dasilva

James King

Massengo

Weimann                 ODowda

Martin

Maybe Scott for HNM and HNM for King

But maybe the odd incoming to change our thoughts

If Williams and Semenyo aren't fit enough and Nagy has been sold, never mind Kalas, the team virtually picks itself. Which is a worry - not enough depth.

More worrying is, whatever 11 you start with, when you write down a second choice 11 there's nowhere near enough quality - not enough players demanding a place in that first 11 on merit.

So we're relying on a few key individuals to stay fit and play to the best of their ability, all season. 

FWIW, IF everyone was fit and no-one sold:

4-2-3-1: Bentley; Vyner, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva; James, Williams; Weimann, Massengo, O'Dowda; Wells. (O'Leary, Simpson, Atkinson, Nagy, King, Semenyo, Martin) 

Does this formation rely too heavily on Wells for goals?

So maybe,

4-3-1-2: Bentley; Vyner, Kalas, Baker, Dasilva; James, Williams, Massengo; Weimann; Martin, Wells.  (Conway replaces Martin on the bench)

Three goal-scorers on the pitch (plus Williams and James chipping in) takes the weight of Wells, who has scored the majority of his goals with a partner alongside him.  Not much width, so the full backs need to be on their bikes, plus Weimann would be free to roam. 

Not that it'll be either of the above, of course

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Bentley

James Williams

Massengo

Wells

If we're still starting with Semenyo this season then something's very wrong...

10 minutes ago, M.D said:

I think as it stands and with a few late to catch up fitness wise thats not far off

Bentley

Simpson kalas Atkinson Dasilva

James King

Massengo

Weimann                 ODowda

Martin

Maybe Scott for HNM and HNM for King

But maybe the odd incoming to change our thoughts

I see you the same players as I mentioned but with a different formation. I can see Nige going with 2 up top this year but time wil tell. I’m that formation you are playing I can also see Bakinson instead of Massengo and Nige converting him to an attacking midfielder like he did with  Doucouré at Watford. 

15 minutes ago, redpole said:

I see you the same players as I mentioned but with a different formation. I can see Nige going with 2 up top this year but time wil tell. I’m that formation you are playing I can also see Bakinson instead of Massengo and Nige converting him to an attacking midfielder like he did with  Doucouré at Watford. 

Agree re Bakinson, for me he is an attacking midfielder. Playing any deeper he is a bit of a liability.

41 minutes ago, redpole said:

We both agree but with a fluid system thats changeable  then and I can see that...

Archived