IGNORED

England vs Italy. Is it coming home?

freezer

18 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

For me Italy are the best, most dangerous team in the competition.

They attack and move the ball accurately and rapidly whilst our defenders are not the quickest.

Italy are tough in defence and have a fantastic keeper if we get past them. 

They are all masters of game management.

They are not particularly gifted with a world class forward whilst we have two.

I think this will be a very even game and whilst my heart says England, my head says that those crafty Italians are going to rain on our parade. 

We need every player at the top of their game , Pickford had a mare v Denmark. 

We have home advantage which may swing it.

It really is too tough to call and we all know that anything can happen on the day to affect the game. 

Agree with this - Italy have looked excellent.  The performance against Denmark was not our best but we did play well against Germany and Ukraine.

I am not too keen on some of the screaming Nationalistic Headlines adorning our wonderful  Tabloids this morning?  It's a game of pheckin football and Not a Call to Arms.  I want  Engerland to do well, but do we have to have   all the patriotic drivel churned out by Editors of tomorrow's chip wrappings?............I Can just imagine what will be forthcoming if Italy should win?   Ha!  ?

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

I am not too keen on some of the screaming Nationalistic Headlines adorning our wonderful  Tabloids this morning?  It's a game of pheckin football and Not a Call to Arms.  I want  Engerland to do well, but do we have to have   all the patriotic drivel churned out by Editors of tomorrow's chip wrappings?............I Can just imagine what will be forthcoming if Italy should win?   Ha!  ?

I just don't read it. I remember the nonsense surrounding Rooney and Co., with them portrayed as warriors. Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

"They'll be remembered for something they did with their feet" - Beckham got sent off for kicking the Argentina player Iron Man Reaction GIF

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s an interesting debate, but surely the best two teams get to the final in any tournament? To do that they’ve obviously played well on a consistent basis and have beaten all other teams they’ve faced in the knockout stages on their way to the glamorous final? How does that make them worse than other teams who are “obviously better” but failed to progress? 

What about situations where two top teams play each other in the quarter or semi down to luck of the draw? 

No doubt at that Southgate will have ensured that the entire England squad will know what to expect from the Italians. Their feigning injury to time waste, exaggerated rolling around and ‘falling over’ tactics to break up the flow of the game.

Two things are vital 1) that England score first to force the Italians out. 2) a tough referee who doesn’t tolerate any underhand antics.

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt at that Southgate will have ensured that the entire England squad will know what to expect from the Italians. Their feigning injury to time waste, exaggerated rolling around and ‘falling over’ tactics to break up the flow of the game.

Two things are vital 1) that England score first to force the Italians out. 2) a tough referee who doesn’t tolerate any underhand antics.

Maybe you should take another look at Raheem's impersonation of Tom Daley's Olympic medal dive in the Semi's?............before you start worrying about Italian antics?  ?

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

I can't escape the feeling that it will be a horribly tense game that goes to penalties.

When you look dispassionately at the two contrasting   semi finals........I really think that Engerland will have to play better than they ever have done before to win the final?  I can see it being 1-0 either way, or as you say.............penalties?  ?

43 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Please do expand on your erudite analysis?  Ha!

https://streamable.com/8xql5u

Does he make the most of it? Yes. I think most of the analysis was that the first ‘tackle’ had no contact. It did. Two tiring defenders have both had a nibble and both caught him (marginally). First defender has stuck his leg in. 
Given the crap nowadays about a player ‘being entitled to go down’ that is what Sterling has done. He has felt contact and gone down. That is different to a complete dive with no contact.

It is soft. I would not have given it, but it is not even in the same ball park as some of the nonsense I have seen it compared with.

39 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Maybe you should take another look at Raheem's impersonation of Tom Daley's Olympic medal dive in the Semi's?............before you start worrying about Italian antics?  ?

It wasn’t a dive - VaR upheld the referees decision.

Easily biggest game in my lifetime i never thought i would see England in a major final tbh. Will be an amazing occasion. Italy might just nick it but you can def make a good case for England who def have the better squad.

Can’t believe some on here want to do our players down. Saying Sterling dived. I doubt these  “fans” have ever kicked a ball. Running at pace into the box , definitely clipped knee to knee first , then  body checked after. Try staying on your feet after that when sprinting . Apologist clowns some on here who can’t wait for us to lose.   Bore off . Also the ones who bring politics into it . ✊??

I always expected it to be an Italy v England final. Expect a close game but England to win if we get our subs right(I think our bench is stronger than theirs) . Either way I’m going to enjoy , I love the Italian anthem and I’m looking forward to Queen ‘We are the champions’ belting out over the tannoy system at Wembley at the end of the game. 

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t believe some on here want to do our players down. Saying Sterling dived. I doubt these  “fans” have ever kicked a ball. Running at pace into the box , definitely clipped knee to knee first , then  body checked after. Try staying on your feet after that when sprinting . Apologist clowns some on here who can’t wait for us to lose.   Bore off . Also the ones who bring politics into it . ✊??

Spot on. The tackle on Kane also looked like it should've been a penalty to me anyway. 

51 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I don't think I can watch it, I feel a little sick thinking about the game. 

It's too hard to pick a winner, chances will be at a premium, unless of course we go at it like we did against the Ukraine, granted they were not at their best, still.

Oddly I don't feel that nervous about the game. I was bricking it for the Denmark game because I wanted us to finally reach a final and I had similar nerves for the Germany game. Maybe the anxiety will hit me hard tomorrow but I do feel very proud of England regardless of the result tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Oddly I don't feel that nervous about the game. I was bricking it for the Denmark game because I wanted us to finally reach a final and I had similar nerves for the Germany game. Maybe the anxiety will hit me hard tomorrow but I do feel very proud of England regardless of the result tomorrow. 

I feel the same...its almost as if we have done the seemingly impossible by reaching the final, anything else is a bonus now, probably won't feel like that at 8pm tomorrow though, its certainly within touching distance, 2-1 England ????????

Archived