IGNORED

England vs Italy. Is it coming home?

freezer

7 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

My lad is already down the waterfront....i should be with him for what could be a wonderful moment tonight but i tested positive yesterday and can feel why today..... fml... win or lose I will certainly remember what i was doing..

???...

I feel for you, I had to give up semi final tickets because I came down with covid

All recovered now, breaking isolation by a day so I can watch with my dad

8 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

My lad is already down the waterfront....i should be with him for what could be a wonderful moment tonight but i tested positive yesterday and can feel why today..... fml... win or lose I will certainly remember what i was doing..

???...

Take care mate

20 minutes ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

???...

******* virus get well soon

17 hours ago, maxjak said:

Yeah....come off it all you Marxist clowns out there............any criticism of Engerland will be duly noted,and dealt with,, also  any tongue in cheek humour will be stamped out at source.  Politics? Smolitics!............we'll have not trouble here, this is for local people.  ?

Shove it 

1 hour ago, MarcusX said:

But it’s conceivable that the defeated team are better than a team on the other side of the draw so no I don’t agree that the best two teams always meet in the final

Exactly. The 2002 German team were very average at best but they had a fairly easy route to the final. Of course the 2002 World Cup had so many dodgy refereeing decisions that it’s hard to take that World Cup too seriously!

5 minutes ago, OutstandingMixer said:

Exactly. The 2002 German team were very average at best but they had a fairly easy route to the final. Of course the 2002 World Cup had so many dodgy refereeing decisions that it’s hard to take that World Cup too seriously!

People were praising Portugal for winning last euros but they finished 3rd in a group of Iceland, Hungary and Austria. Before being Switzerland, Poland and Wales on the way to the final!

10 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Is getting on for midnight here in Australia. I can't sit still with nerves. Kick-off is at 5am here. I know i need to get some sleep and set the alarm but don't think I could sleep.

Like trying to stay up to watch an ashes test with first ball at midnight.  Feel wide awake and then by the third over can’t keep your eyes open.

If leaked side of correct is

Pickford, Trippier, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Sterling, Kane.

Five at the back, two DMs. At least he solved the debate as to Saka, Sancho or Grealish I suppose as the creative midfielder.

Got us to the final so really hard to critique, but really is a cautious first approach.

19 minutes ago, AirlieBeachRed said:

Is getting on for midnight here in Australia. I can't sit still with nerves. Kick-off is at 5am here. I know i need to get some sleep and set the alarm but don't think I could sleep.

Have a beer

26 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Stupid question but is it too late to head anywhere in town on a first come first serve basis or are they already rammed?

Given Allstars at the top of Park St had a queue of around 400 from 10am this morning I think you'd be lucky! I reckon you'd have more luck in a local pub, but even that's unlikely

On 10/07/2021 at 12:01, Robbored said:

No doubt at that Southgate will have ensured that the entire England squad will know what to expect from the Italians. Their feigning injury to time waste, exaggerated rolling around and ‘falling over’ tactics to break up the flow of the game.

Two things are vital 1) that England score first to force the Italians out. 2) a tough referee who doesn’t tolerate any underhand antics.

I read somewhere recently (or maybe it was in a Southgate interview) that England had worked out who the likely last 8 would be in the tournament and had the lot of them watched over a number of games, including Denmark and Italy. 

49 minutes ago, cityexile said:

If leaked side of correct is

Pickford, Trippier, Walker, Maguire, Stones, Shaw, Rice, Phillips, Mount, Sterling, Kane.

Five at the back, two DMs. At least he solved the debate as to Saka, Sancho or Grealish I suppose as the creative midfielder.

Got us to the final so really hard to critique, but really is a cautious first approach.

Yep thats the team.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

As a Bristol City and England fan (born after 1966), the idea of actually witnessing my team winning a major trophy sounds like a daydream. I think that's why I have no nerves at all today, I'm in completely uncharted territory!

Agreed. I am genuinely feeling very philosophical about the whole thing. Heading down to the pub for lunch soon (ko is 2pm where I live) and honestly just going to try to enjoy the match, enjoy the final, and hopefully enjoy the result.

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I read somewhere recently (or maybe it was in a Southgate interview) that England had worked out who the likely last 8 would be in the tournament and had the lot of them watched over a number of games, including Denmark and Italy. 

I bet they watched France and not Switzerland!!

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

As a Bristol City and England fan (born after 1966), the idea of actually witnessing my team winning a major trophy sounds like a daydream. I think that's why I have no nerves at all today, I'm in completely uncharted territory!

surely for once in our lives things will be different.

Archived