IGNORED

England vs Italy. Is it coming home?

freezer

17 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Penalties aside, have to say that for all the talk before the game about Chiellini and Bonucci being too old, never properly tested, vulnerable if you run at them and so on, they were superb yet again. 

Didn’t really have a lot to do considering they were up against a seven man defence 

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

You're literally celebrating a defeat because it means you can moan.

Pathetic doesn't even come close.

Southgate got some things wrong, absolutely, but overall the team exceeded expectations and that should also be said.

Being able to say both things isn't "happy clapping" it's acknowledging reality.

Just now, JamesBCFC said:

You're literally celebrating a defeat because it means you can moan.

Pathetic doesn't even come close.

Southgate got some things wrong, absolutely, but overall the team exceeded expectations and that should also be said.

Being able to say both things isn't "happy clapping" it's acknowledging reality.

If you say so, he got all of the 2nd half wrong and then the substitutions stunk of desperation! happy clapper, fair enough

7 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Yep. Southgate spoilt for choice with the attacking flair he has in the squad. I think Italy have worse players on paper but a much better manager

I’d like to have seen us use our bench more as Italy did with good effect 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I thought the first half was spot on. The error was not reacting to the shift in momentum at the beginning of the second half and waiting until we had already lost control of the game before making change.

There goal was coming for such a long time and we did nothing to counter it.I think this was where we really lost our chance. England did really well to get to the final,but the better team won on the night.

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

England squad is actually quite clearly better on paper. Otherwise maybe someone should tell some of Europe's richest clubs to stop buying English players as there's better Italian ones out there for far cheaper.

With amazing players. Helps a lot imo

I'm sure Juventus, Napoli, Inter and PSG are all really going to struggle to hold on to their players, not as if any of those are huge clubs in their respective leagues with history of fighting for titles is it?

1 minute ago, Red said:

If you say so, he got all of the 2nd half wrong and then the substitutions stunk of desperation! happy clapper, fair enough

You better change your sheets, they'll be stinking of piss after all your bed wetting.

Edited by JamesBCFC

14 minutes ago, milo1111 said:

Hard to say when you factor in how completely negative we were . Italy deserves the cup tonight but I think that is on us not the Italian cbs 

But they still did all they had to when called on. One Kalas-esque block by Chiellini near the end was brilliant. But I agree we could and should have tested them more. 

2 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

Sorry I disagree,not that it will make any difference.

If Southgate remains as negative as he has most of this tournament,we could potentially waste the best squad of England players we ever had.

He will undoubtably retain his very well paid position,so for the sake of us mere supporters ,I hope he learns to play a far more positive game ,otherwise further frustration and disappointment beckons.

Yep, that was basically a home tournament and we got very favourable draws as we went along, if we cant win that i really dont see how we can ever win a cup.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm sure Juventus, Napoli, Inter and PSG are all really going to struggle to hold on to their players, not as if any of those are huge clubs in their respective leagues with history of fighting for titles is it?

You better change your sheets, they'll be stinking of piss after all your bed wetting.

Sorry if i know football better then you do. Perhaps i was right "Happy Clapper"

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

We've never won it with anyone else in charge, what's  your point?

Southgate has got us further in the competition than any previous manager. 

Correct and correct.  My point is we will never win anything with Southgate, like I said. 

5 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

We've never won it with anyone else in charge, what's  your point?

Southgate has got us further in the competition than any previous manager. 

Because in the last two tournaments  he couldn’t of hand-picked an easier route to the final and he’s blown it both times with his woeful and typically English defensive team selection, if Mancini was our manager the result might of been different

2 minutes ago, Red said:

Sorry if i know football better then you do. Perhaps i was right "Happy Clapper"

There are corpses that are more clued up on football than you.

Why can't you acknowledge reality and be able to see there was good things as well as mistakes made?

See, I am actually capable of saying Southgate got things wrong.

But you find it too hard to give credit for actually reaching the final. 

Because you're utterly pathetic.

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

There are corpses that are more clued up on football than you.

Why can't you acknowledge reality and be able to see there was good things as well as mistakes made?

See, I am actually capable of saying Southgate got things wrong.

But you find it too hard to give credit for actually reaching the final. 

Because you're utterly pathetic.

I never mentioned the games up to the final , which again was lucky in some respects, but that 2nd half into extra time there was only going to be one winner and that was not England. 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Go to bed.

If im keeping you up "sorry"

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Who would we have to have in charge if we are going to win anything?

Maybe pep?

im so conditioned to seeing england crash out of tournaments you can just predict what will happen. When it went to penalties the outcome was almost inevitable and i dont think it particularly matters who we had in charge at that point.

3 minutes ago, Red said:

I never mentioned the games up to the final , which again was lucky in some respects, but that 2nd half into extra time there was only going to be one winner and that was not England. 

If im keeping you up "sorry"

You didn't actually say anything about any game until we lost one.

I wonder why.

9 minutes ago, Arsene's Wanger said:

And we'd have won it with who in charge?

No-one other than Southgate. He has set the building blocks from the u19s through to u21s through to the senior team. 

He's done an absolutely superb job over the past 4 years. 

World Cup next year I think we have a great chance of winning. Bring it on!

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

You didn't actually say anything about any game until we lost one.

I wonder why.

Scraping through a game you cant say too much, but tonight there was not even a scrape.

Just now, Red said:

Scraping through a game you cant say too much, but tonight there was not even a scrape.

Scraping through by winning comfortably over Germany?

Or by taking Ukraine apart?

Not every performance was superb, and some were poor, the Scotland one was dreadful.

But what says the most is the fact you only come crawling out when England lose a game. You are the opposite of a supoorter, a parasite who only wants to spread negativity. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1