Jump to content
IGNORED

England vs Italy. Is it coming home?


freezer
 Share

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

For me Italy are the best, most dangerous team in the competition.

They attack and move the ball accurately and rapidly whilst our defenders are not the quickest.

Italy are tough in defence and have a fantastic keeper if we get past them. 
 

They are all masters of game management.

They are not particularly gifted with a world class forward whilst we have two.

I think this will be a very even game and whilst my heart says England, my head says that those crafty Italians are going to rain on our parade. 
 

We need every player at the top of their game , Pickford had a mare v Denmark. 
 

We have home advantage which may swing it.

It really is too tough to call and we all know that anything can happen on the day to affect the game. 
 

 

Agree with this - Italy have looked excellent.  The performance against Denmark was not our best but we did play well against Germany and Ukraine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 I am not too keen on some of the screaming Nationalistic Headlines adorning our wonderful  Tabloids this morning?  It's a game of pheckin football and Not a Call to Arms.  I want  Engerland to do well, but do we have to have   all the patriotic drivel churned out by Editors of tomorrow's chip wrappings?............I Can just imagine what will be forthcoming if Italy should win?   Ha!  😍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, maxjak said:

 I am not too keen on some of the screaming Nationalistic Headlines adorning our wonderful  Tabloids this morning?  It's a game of pheckin football and Not a Call to Arms.  I want  Engerland to do well, but do we have to have   all the patriotic drivel churned out by Editors of tomorrow's chip wrappings?............I Can just imagine what will be forthcoming if Italy should win?   Ha!  😍

I just don't read it. I remember the nonsense surrounding Rooney and Co., with them portrayed as warriors. Chelsea Peretti Eye Roll GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

"They'll be remembered for something they did with their feet" - Beckham got sent off for kicking the Argentina player Iron Man Reaction GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It’s an interesting debate, but surely the best two teams get to the final in any tournament? To do that they’ve obviously played well on a consistent basis and have beaten all other teams they’ve faced in the knockout stages on their way to the glamorous final? How does that make them worse than other teams who are “obviously better” but failed to progress? 

What about situations where two top teams play each other in the quarter or semi down to luck of the draw? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No doubt at that Southgate will have ensured that the entire England squad will know what to expect from the Italians. Their feigning injury to time waste, exaggerated rolling around and ‘falling over’ tactics to break up the flow of the game.

Two things are vital 1) that England score first to force the Italians out. 2) a tough referee who doesn’t tolerate any underhand antics.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No doubt at that Southgate will have ensured that the entire England squad will know what to expect from the Italians. Their feigning injury to time waste, exaggerated rolling around and ‘falling over’ tactics to break up the flow of the game.

Two things are vital 1) that England score first to force the Italians out. 2) a tough referee who doesn’t tolerate any underhand antics.

Maybe you should take another look at Raheem's impersonation of Tom Daley's Olympic medal dive in the Semi's?............before you start worrying about Italian antics?  😘

  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Bard said:

I can't escape the feeling that it will be a horribly tense game that goes to penalties.

 

When you look dispassionately at the two contrasting   semi finals........I really think that Engerland will have to play better than they ever have done before to win the final?  I can see it being 1-0 either way, or as you say.............penalties?  😗

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Please do expand on your erudite analysis?  Ha!

https://streamable.com/8xql5u
 

Does he make the most of it? Yes. I think most of the analysis was that the first ‘tackle’ had no contact. It did. Two tiring defenders have both had a nibble and both caught him (marginally). First defender has stuck his leg in. 
Given the crap nowadays about a player ‘being entitled to go down’ that is what Sterling has done. He has felt contact and gone down. That is different to a complete dive with no contact.

It is soft. I would not have given it, but it is not even in the same ball park as some of the nonsense I have seen it compared with.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Maybe you should take another look at Raheem's impersonation of Tom Daley's Olympic medal dive in the Semi's?............before you start worrying about Italian antics?  😘

It wasn’t a dive - VaR upheld the referees decision.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easily biggest game in my lifetime i never thought i would see England in a major final tbh. Will be an amazing occasion. Italy might just nick it but you can def make a good case for England who def have the better squad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t believe some on here want to do our players down. Saying Sterling dived. I doubt these  “fans” have ever kicked a ball. Running at pace into the box , definitely clipped knee to knee first , then  body checked after. Try staying on your feet after that when sprinting . Apologist clowns some on here who can’t wait for us to lose.   Bore off . Also the ones who bring politics into it . ✊💦💦

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 1
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always expected it to be an Italy v England final. Expect a close game but England to win if we get our subs right(I think our bench is stronger than theirs) . Either way I’m going to enjoy , I love the Italian anthem and I’m looking forward to Queen ‘We are the champions’ belting out over the tannoy system at Wembley at the end of the game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Can’t believe some on here want to do our players down. Saying Sterling dived. I doubt these  “fans” have ever kicked a ball. Running at pace into the box , definitely clipped knee to knee first , then  body checked after. Try staying on your feet after that when sprinting . Apologist clowns some on here who can’t wait for us to lose.   Bore off . Also the ones who bring politics into it . ✊💦💦

Spot on. The tackle on Kane also looked like it should've been a penalty to me anyway. 

Edited by robin_unreliant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

I don't think I can watch it, I feel a little sick thinking about the game. 

It's too hard to pick a winner, chances will be at a premium, unless of course we go at it like we did against the Ukraine, granted they were not at their best, still.

Oddly I don't feel that nervous about the game. I was bricking it for the Denmark game because I wanted us to finally reach a final and I had similar nerves for the Germany game. Maybe the anxiety will hit me hard tomorrow but I do feel very proud of England regardless of the result tomorrow. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Coppello said:

Oddly I don't feel that nervous about the game. I was bricking it for the Denmark game because I wanted us to finally reach a final and I had similar nerves for the Germany game. Maybe the anxiety will hit me hard tomorrow but I do feel very proud of England regardless of the result tomorrow. 

I feel the same...its almost as if we have done the seemingly impossible by reaching the final, anything else is a bonus now, probably won't feel like that at 8pm tomorrow though, its certainly within touching distance, 2-1 England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🤞

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...