IGNORED

Marley Watkins

RedM

2 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

another one never given a chance by johnson. 

He did get plenty of chances and each time got injured,

In fact it was the second time johnson signed Watkins having signed him for barnsley I think 

13 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

I thought Watkins did well when he played for us, particularly on the right of a 4 in midfield. Solid and unspectacular. And unlucky with injuries.

.......and hiding from Big Nige in the changing rooms at the end of last season whilst being paid decent wedge by us, the ***. Exactly the type of player we needed to bin off.

1 hour ago, SuperDziek said:

I thought Watkins did well when he played for us, particularly on the right of a 4 in midfield. Solid and unspectacular. And unlucky with injuries.

Good riddance to a waste of money for sure. He’ll soon be forgotten!

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I thought Watkins was limited but effective in certain types of games and offered something a bit different.

He wasn’t at the standard we need, and nor is he at a standard for Cardiff but I think there are League One or even lower end Championship sides where he would be a decent signing.

This is fair comment.

But seeing as he started 12 times in 3 seasons for us (and a few more as sub) I'm not inclined to be fair - apart from a decisive goal against Sheffield Utd, he was a monumental waste of money and can **** off. 

12 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

This is fair comment.

But seeing as he started 12 times in 3 seasons for us (and a few more as sub) I'm not inclined to be fair - apart from a decisive goal against Sheffield Utd, he was a monumental waste of money and can **** off. 

Not all down to him though. Johnson brought him into the squad for a couple of games, where he did well, was then missing from the squad completely. Only to pop up as a starter agains later on. Johnson was fond of this type of thing, almost like he forgotten he'd bought something only to remember later and start playing with it again.

TBH when he joined us, although he did seem to have a back for goals, I honestly question if he'd ever played football before. He would have been handy to have last year when he was another casualty of our special relationship to fitness & injury.

Archived