IGNORED

Marley Watkins

RedM

The most bizarre of the many bizarre signings in the LJ/MA era.

It must have been an LJ-inspired one given he had played for him previously. Massive warnings from Norwich fans about him. Paid well over the odds. Went ‘missing’ for months. Out on loan to remotest Aberdeen wasn’t it? Couple of half decent performances in a City shirt (measured against the other rabble LJ/MA brought in) and just disappeared. 

Another £million flushed down the pan, another story of mis-management.

14 hours ago, Banned User said:

I've thought it for a couple of years now, but you do realise your signature is out of date(?)

image.png.82ba83f892fa61b8d9f5939be410a188.png

No I didn’t, thanks for letting me know as this isn’t the view I get. 

Yes I realise Marley might just be using Cardiff to train, but stranger things have happened. I remember one game he came on, think we were already 3 goals down and he at least made a few positive runs compared to the constant passing back. I thought he had turned a corner only to disappear once again and not be seen again. Wouldn’t it just be our luck if Cardiff do find a player in there somewhere. But I do agree he is lower than the standard we should be considering if we want to progress.

Wasnt there some talk of him being declared unfit when he was fit to play after Pearson joined?  The mess that the medical team were in I don’t know what was going on. That maybe the hiding in the dressing room rumours?

Edit; just looked at my profile to see if I can remove my signature and I can’t find a signature in there. I will see if I can figure it out, but as there is none showing I can’t remove it, sorry.

11 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Think we only lost one game when Watkins played from start. Did he start 5,6 games?

Imho he was a team player who when we got him on the pitch actually did ok.  Had we picked him up on a free and small wages then no arguments, but £1m and 3 years of wages???

Archived