IGNORED

"Bloody Lee Johnson and His New Fangled Ideas"

Port Said Red

‘Power naps’ are not a new phenomenon - several high profile companies have introduced them. Research shows that a timed nap can improve performance amongst the workforce so in someways City are behind the curve.

Personally I think it’s positive development.

I remember driving down the M6 and really really struggling to stay awake. Luckily, came to Lancaster services and parked. Clock said 6:36 and I closed my eyes. Woke at 6:38 wide awake, no chance of napping. You wouldn’t have thought two minutes would do anything for you but it was astonishing. 

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

This would surely have been the posts if this happened under his tenure.

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/city-napping-their-way-to-peak-performance/

This isn't a new idea. It's just another example of Bristol City dragging themselves into the 21st century. 

Swansea City, for one, were doing this nearly 10 years ago. And, my, how that tiny club has outperformed us for far too long.

"Fail to prepare and prepare to fail" - that was the motto on our old badge, wasn't it?  Not any more, it would seem. And about bloody time.

6 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

This isn't a new idea. It's just another example of Bristol City dragging themselves into the 21st century. 

Swansea City, for one, were doing this nearly 10 years ago. And, my, how that tiny club has outperformed us for far too long.

"Fail to prepare and prepare to fail" - that was the motto on our old badge, wasn't it?  Not any more, it would seem. And about bloody time.

Yep Tottenham built like a whole wing at their training ground with rooms for players and staff so they didn’t have to travel home after long away trips getting back early in the morning. Brentford have their sleep coach etc 

Ok, I’m ready to be slated but it’s a forum and I will have my say anyway. It just makes me think they are even more pampered than I thought.

Yes I realise the benefit of sleep, but surely if you managed your life properly you *should* get all you need in a normal night. I know they exert a lot of energy in training, but it’s only for a few hours. Many people do very physical jobs for much longer hours and aren’t able to nap as part of their working day.

Being paid to sleep, what the actual ****!

4 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Yep Tottenham built like a whole wing at their training ground with rooms for players and staff so they didn’t have to travel home after long away trips getting back early in the morning. Brentford have their sleep coach etc 

I can see the sense in this.

11 minutes ago, RedM said:

Many people do very physical jobs for much longer hours and aren’t able to nap as part of their working day.

But most people don't need to be athletes honed to physical perfection to do their jobs! Quite the opposite.

If David Rennie thinks it's a good idea... 

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know naps work for some people, but I always feel like shit if I wake up after a short sleep. I need a proper 8 hours. 

It's very much an individual thing I think, I agree - I feel like shit but my partner loves a nap and if she doesn't get one feels like shit by about 4 o'clock.

24 minutes ago, RedM said:

Ok, I’m ready to be slated but it’s a forum and I will have my say anyway. It just makes me think they are even more pampered than I thought.

Yes I realise the benefit of sleep, but surely if you managed your life properly you *should* get all you need in a normal night. I know they exert a lot of energy in training, but it’s only for a few hours. Many people do very physical jobs for much longer hours and aren’t able to nap as part of their working day.

It's not like they have a set working day though - they are basically working 24h a day when they need to consider how much rest they need, when they can get rest, there diet, what to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner, what they can and can't drink. 

So basically because the job they have means they need to control there entire life then yes being paid to sleep - be that between training or at night.

If it makes you feel better a nurse can do (well used to be able to - not sure now) a sleeping night shift where they get paid to sleep.

1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know naps work for some people, but I always feel like shit if I wake up after a short sleep. I need a proper 8 hours. 

Anything more than 30 minutes will cause problems, as you’ll enter into a sleep cycle. 

43 minutes ago, RedM said:

Oh my ******* god. Help me. 

51 minutes ago, RedM said:

We employ experts who have studied for years about this sort of stuff. You nor I have any idea about it so I would say trust the experts on this one. 

Other people not being able to nap couldn’t be more irrelevant. If the club made decisions based on the average workers life it would be ridiculous 

1 hour ago, Southport Red said:

I remember driving down the M6 and really really struggling to stay awake. Luckily, came to Lancaster services and parked. Clock said 6:36 and I closed my eyes. Woke at 6:38 wide awake, no chance of napping. You wouldn’t have thought two minutes would do anything for you but it was astonishing. 

Unless it was the next day!

1 hour ago, RedM said:

You could ask them to run non-stop for 8 hours a day without rest to "earn" their money and see where that gets you?

6 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

No, it wasn't his ideas, just the fact that he spoke total bullshite half the time that pissed people off.

What always bothered me was the amount of people that lapped it up and defended it until the bitter end!

How on earth he got away with it for so long I will never truly know, butSL and JL being taken in by the combined bullshit Arsenal of LJ and MA was a factor. 

I am a huge supporter of SL, however he knows he is now carrying the can for his pick!

Enjoying the fun at Sunderland mind you!

Archived