IGNORED

"Bloody Lee Johnson and His New Fangled Ideas"

Port Said Red

Just now, REDOXO said:

What always bothered me was the amount of people that lapped it up and defended it until the bitter end!

How on earth he got away with it for so long I will never truly know, butSL and JL being taken in by the combined bullshit Arsenal of LJ and MA was a factor. 

I am a huge supporter of SL, however he knows he is now carrying the can for his pick!

The thing is if Lansdown appointed the right CEO we wouldn't have had the issues with the Manager. It's great being paid £500K per year as your salary but it doesn't normally come without some responsibility to be taken in return.......somebody described Teflon as an "Empire Builder" and I have to say that is a fantastic description of what he was doing. Surround yourself with yes men and mates who are only employed BECAUSE of you....it's a very secure way to operate.

42 minutes ago, James54De said:

Anything more than 30 minutes will cause problems, as you’ll enter into a sleep cycle. 

Oh my ******* god. Help me. 

You saying they have them on wheels too….that’s clever. ?

22 minutes ago, Slacker said:

You took your time. Stuck in traffic?

Was having a nap.

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

You saying they have them on wheels too….that’s clever. ?

Was having a nap.

If I do doze off in the afternoon it messes up my sleep pattern. When I was working and I had vacancy I’d often grab a nap. Didn’t effect my nights sleep back then.

It does now tho. There’s a limit to how much natural sleep a person needs in 24 hours tho. It’s less as we age. I can’t remember the last time I had a full 8 hours kip, it’s more like 6 hours these days.

The difference is that Lee would had been talking about them at every opportunity in the media to help build his brand as the young innovator manager.  I doubt we will see the same from Pearson and if he is specifically asked about them in the media I’d imagine that he will downplay their role- just outlining that they are a helpful tool -  and his role in getting them. If anything he will pass on the credit to the medical team and the support of the club giving the players no excuses in their preparation. 

2 hours ago, Southport Red said:

I remember driving down the M6 and really really struggling to stay awake. Luckily, came to Lancaster services and parked. Clock said 6:36 and I closed my eyes. Woke at 6:38 wide awake, no chance of napping. You wouldn’t have thought two minutes would do anything for you but it was astonishing

Oh yes, I have had that experience a few times  (with women of course) ?

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I was exactly the same watching his dads teams………….:sleeping:

Yes I'm sure you found it very easy to sleep when we got promoted or at the championship playoff final in our highest finish in the last 40 years.

A bit trippy falling asleep at a football game though isn't it.

4 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Yes I'm sure you found it very easy to sleep when we got promoted or at the championship playoff final in our highest finish in the last 40 years.

A bit trippy falling asleep at a football game though isn't it.

Old ground Pezo…………:cool2:

No point in going there again.

8 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I know naps work for some people, but I always feel like shit if I wake up after a short sleep. I need a proper 8 hours. 

I just can't sleep during the day, no matter how tired how I am. It's an absolute bugger in the summer because I'm awake by 5am due to the dawn and can't get back to sleep...

11 hours ago, Robbored said:

‘Power naps’ are not a new phenomenon - several high profile companies have introduced them. Research shows that a timed nap can improve performance amongst the workforce so in someways City are behind the curve.

Personally I think it’s positive development.

I think the New York Yankees started this ‘positive development’…

george costanza work GIF

15 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

I just can't sleep during the day, no matter how tired how I am. It's an absolute bugger in the summer because I'm awake by 5am due to the dawn and can't get back to sleep...

Two years of night shifts cured me of that problem. You never get the same sort of sleep in the day though. Circadian Rhythm messed right up.

Prolonged night shifts tends to lead to a variety of health problems, and I was extremely happy to rejoin the real world and get a decent sleep at last.

After the shifts, I used to walk to the Tube at 7am with my heart aching - literally, not metaphorically. I realised that this was not a very good sign. 

21 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Two years of night shifts cured me of that problem. You never get the same sort of sleep in the day though. Circadian Rhythm messed right up.

Prolonged night shifts tends to lead to a variety of health problems, and I was extremely happy to rejoin the real world and get a decent sleep at last.

After the shifts, I used to walk to the Tube at 7am with my heart aching - literally, not metaphorically. I realised that this was not a very good sign. 

I have been on shifts for ~25 years. No matter how hard a nightshift, and how bolloxed I feel at 6am, I can almost never sleep for more than 3 hrs (4, if I'm lucky).

Probably it's the sleep deprivation that makes me post cobblers on OTIB!

Makes sense to me, but has anyone else got an image of the the hypersleep pods from the Alien films.  I'm just waiting for Baker to seeming go down with an injury only for one of those pesky little aliens to burst out of his stomach John Hurt style.

image.png.d4957f91a6f73658135439b2056d4d1e.png

Archived