IGNORED

This season - who are you excited about watching?

Jacki

3 hours ago, richwwtk said:

Is he that good? 30 or thereabouts and played less than 200 games in his career?

Sorry to doubt but unless I'm missing something obvious that is a big statement to make!

That’s why I caveated it with “if he can stay fit”. 
His appearance record is due to his injuries. 
If fit, he is a premier league quality midfielder. 
I’ve studied a few of his games recently - his touch is excellent, his awareness is superb, his positioning is intelligent and his anticipation is on a level I’ve not seen from a City player ever. 
If he stays fit, I’m confident he’ll be the best player we’ve seen at City for many a year. 

3 hours ago, Will Rollason said:

If Nige has managed to light a fire under him then ..Bakinson..

100% Bakinson, has it all in his locker. 

It's not so much light a fire underneath him, not at all. 

It's aerobic capacity, he lacks real athletic fitness.

I know they are working hard on this pre season, if he can get this up to speed then what a player he will be.

Lots of experience in the likes of King, he will only benefit from him.

I'm also excited about watching Wells, if he gets to play as a striker not wide left or right or whatever nonsense position he's been asked to play but striker, I think he will get 20+, his finishing is top drawer, if he gets the correct service he will bang them in. If he's played out of position then we may as well get rid now!

I also think 1 of the young lads will make a breakthrough, possibly Scott off the bench.

Who knows, I'm excited about the season starting though, I think we may surprise a few pundits. Play offs are my bet.

3 hours ago, Harry said:

I’ve studied a few of his games recently - his touch is excellent, his awareness is superb, his positioning is intelligent and his anticipation is on a level I’ve not seen from a City player ever. 
If he stays fit, I’m confident he’ll be the best player we’ve seen at City for many a year. 

True, he could be a fantastic signing, coming off the back of a full season and with Dave Rennie on board who knows him well I expect he will be managed well

Another is Chris Martin, top Championship player who can't play week in week out but I expect he will be another who's game time will be managed appropriately with the new medical team.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

Managed 38 games in two loan spells last season so I’m hopeful he is over the worst.

As you say, his pedigree is a good one.

To be fair, so is King’s but he’s not really played a full season of football since 17/18.

I’m looking forward to seeing Massengo progress further. He was one of the only bright sparks as we went into freefall last season.

Palmer has that ability to unlock defences with a killer pass, I’ve always rated him. 

Other than that, I just want to see us play as a team with a pattern and some grit and determination. That has been lacking for so long. 

Given the dreadful run that Big Nige presided over after the first few flukes of 'his' fixtures. I am looking forward to seeing a defence that doesn't keep letting in goals.

That's my only ambition in the first 10 games or so.

Maybe after then I might get excited about Sam Bell's runs, or Antoine Semenyo finding the back of the net more often. 

After that I would love to see an existing player find a new field position and excel in a fresh role; for example COD at left back and JD playing in midfield, with Adam Nagy reborn in a very advanced playmaker role.

Taylor Moore at centre forward anyone? 

Oh and selling Palmer off to a Cardiff to balance the books, not selling Bentley to Southampton 

9 hours ago, Toffee dog said:

The 11 that start against Blackpool for a start, which youngsters will develop further?

Will the likes of HNM, Bakinson & Semenyo  step up another gear?

Who will benefit most from Pearson’s leadership? My guess is Taylor Moore! Ok you can stop laughing now, injured for most of the latter part of last season & appears to have bulked up more from what I remember from last season.

I think you may be waiting a long time as he’s well down the pecking order 

13 hours ago, INCRED said:

I think you may be waiting a long time as he’s well down the pecking order 

I shan’t be losing any sleep over it, I think a player will surprise us due to the Pearson factor. Moore came here with a lot of promise & has shown glimpses but has also made some howlers. Think it will be an interesting season, hopefully spent watching it at the ground.

47 minutes ago, Toffee dog said:

I shan’t be losing any sleep over it, I think a player will surprise us due to the Pearson factor. Moore came here with a lot of promise & has shown glimpses but has also made some howlers. Think it will be an interesting season, hopefully spent watching it at the ground.

Taylor Moore was part of a defence unit that was under constant pressure the last couple of seasons, being a young centre half mistakes are eventually going to creep in, even Kalas was struggling badly towards the back end of last season. 

I think Moore gets some unfair criticism on here, he trys to play the game the right way, shows commitment, intelligent and has bulked out, there is a very good player in there who needs the right manager to give him the support and trust to thrive. 

23 hours ago, Selred said:

Love to see Alex Scott kick on this season. Something very classy about the way he players. 

I was amazed at how he demanded the ball, was immediately taking free kicks and looking to play on the front foot.  

I hope he gets more than some cameo appearances, because I don't think we have had a player like him in a City shirt for a long time. 

I agree that watching the youngsters progress will be something to look forward to, and of course being back watching live football will be amazing after last season.

Hopefully Pearson will have them organised and the excitement will come from us playing well as a unit. And if what some of you are saying about Matty James turns out to be correct, we might just have signed the new Gazza ?

Archived